- 'COURT UPHOLDS charges against this flag Mawarire, trade unionists Mutasa and Moyo, of trying to subvert a constitutionally elected government'
- SADC REGION DECLARE 25 th October as solidarity day against sanctions on Zimbabwe , and war vets recommend anti-sanctions holiday on 25 th October
- ' A BULAWAYO TOUT (33) KILLED his cousin (40) with an iron bar and broomstick then reported to police that he had found him dead.'
- ZANU PF dep youth league leader Matutu says Prof Moyo has lost relevance and is a useless and permanent fugitive.
- Coltart says Mnangagwa's intensifying of crackdown against the opposition, use of brute force to crush people's dissent indicates gvt fear of the new wave
More heads reportedly rolled at the Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation (ZBC) yesterday with news bulletins manager John Gambanga and Jacob Phiri being shown the exit door 24 hours after the State broadcaster terminated contracts for 282 employees citing viability problems.
Sources at ZBC said the pair was fired as part of the broadcaster’s streamlining exercise which has seen Tazzen Mandizvidza being appointed general manager, while Chris Chivinge was appointed editor-in-chief.
ZBC spokesperson Gladman Bandama could neither confirm nor deny the developments saying the rationalization process was an on-going exercise. Source: newsday