- Doctors now in 2nd month of a strike, and Zimbabwe teachers will only work 2 days a week and no longer abide by the formal dress code
- Zimbabwe Gender Commission (ZGC) says tertiary institutions must introduce uniforms for female students, ostensibly to avoid sexual abuse.
- FORMER FINANCE MINISTER ,MDC Alliance VP Tendai Biti says Zimbabwe will collapse in six months owing to the run away inflation .
- A CHIMANIMANI woman Sibongile Mlambo like Grace Mugabe, locked up boyfriend Robert Manzou's body (40)for two days as she left for another binge.
- CHAMISA KHUPHE FIGHT in new twist in the battle for control of the MDC opposition party
The majority of the victims of the accident, gathered around the overturned fuel tanker truck to collect fuel close to railway tracks where the vehicle had overturned as it tried to park.
An ensuing fire led to an explosion in which 58 people died and 37 people were injured late on Sunday evening, on the RN1 road that links the Diori Hamani international airport to Niamey. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya
Residents look at a charred tanker truck after an explosion killed more than 55 people near the airport of Niamey.