- BULAWAYO to end refuse collection from Mahatshula, Woodville, Killarney, Emhlangeni and parts of the CBD due to fuel shortages
- DUMISO DABENGWA'S MOTHER was shot dead in cold blood Rhodesian Special Branch forces in 1978 in Gwatemba
- Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals gives an update on explosion at Parirenyatwa hospital
- EX- (Zinara) boss Chitukutuku's US$20m assets frozen as he is given a 30-day ultimatum to account for everything by High Court judge Justice Erica Ndewere
- Tearful Britains 2nd female PM, Theresa May will resign as Prime Minister and Conservative Party leader on 7 June 2019.
The majority of the victims of the accident, gathered around the overturned fuel tanker truck to collect fuel close to railway tracks where the vehicle had overturned as it tried to park.
An ensuing fire led to an explosion in which 58 people died and 37 people were injured late on Sunday evening, on the RN1 road that links the Diori Hamani international airport to Niamey. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya
Residents look at a charred tanker truck after an explosion killed more than 55 people near the airport of Niamey.