- AVERAGE 65 % of Bulawayo patients suffer mental disorder, mostly drug addiction related, among other issues, cited as a major causes.
- PINT OF BEER GOES UP from $8 to $12, while a 750ml bottle has gone up from $12 to $20
- 'NKAYI MAN (20) arrested for raping a woman (80) after hitting her with an iron bar'.
- Registrar General Committee to vet people who deserve passports, an illegal and a violation of the Zimbabwe constitution
- MATEBELELAND, vow to shut down Nursing schools over tribal recruitment exercise in place of locals, no lessons until locals are recruited.
ACCIDENT after a truck failed to stop at a roadblock and in turn hit four stationary cars queing up at the roadblock in front along the Kwekwe-Gweru Highway,..welcome to Zimbabwe festive season road deaths.
Road block or no roadblock, common sense dictates that if the vehicles in front are stationery, slow down and stop safely and assess the situation. For the truck to plough through so many vehicles and end up riding other vehicles, there are several possibilities including no brakes on the truck, sleeping , drunk, unlicenced and dangerous truck driver to look at. It is good that the accident occurred in front of police so justice would have operated instantly with alcohol tests carried out, accident investigation conducted with evidence fresh and intact and witness statements compiled. This could have been an animal, broken down vehicle, another accident or anything else that brought traffic to a stand still, so there is no excuse for the truck ploughing through stationery vehicles in front. As a truck driver, he is a professional driver, who had the advantage of truck height to see far ahead and prepare for such an event by slowing down well before the stationery vehicles and warning drivers behind. This is simply dangerous driving, inexcusable and the law must make an example of such a person for all. Sibusiso Ngwenya.