- MALI'S ENTIRE GOVERNMENT RESIGNS AFTER 134 people were massacred in an attack on a village in central Mali a few weeks ago.
- OVER 215 drums of bitumen (USS$4 million) were stolen at a road construction site in Chivhu last week, crime is a lifestyle in Zimbabwe.
- SILOBELA, DAM SITE BOTTLE STORE patrons shot by driver Mike Mlilo (35) at Insukamini Business Centre, 1dead, 1critically injured after they accused him of flashing them with his lights
- 'MALAWI has 10,000 Albinos, abduct, murder or mutilate albinos for wealth charms from body parts and rape albinos as an HIV cure'.
- At least 28 hippos found in Ethiopia’s national park in the southwest of the country-cause of death unknown
AIR INDIA EXPRESS BOEING JET Air India IX 611, with 136 people (130 passengers and six crew members) flies for for four hours before landing in Mumbai after severe damage to its undebelly due to hitting an airport boundary wall while taking off in Trichy.
The flight took off from the Trichy airport at around 1.30 am on Friday morning but seconds later it struck a wall before it cleared the airport perimeter wall which lies at the end of the runway.
The Air Traffic Control (ATC) tower spotted this and immediately raised an alarm over the incident by contacting the the two pilots in control of the Air India Flight IX 611 a, however the pilots reported that the plane’s systems were operating normally, so they continued and diverted the flight to
Mumbai airport where the flight landed safely and the damage was inspected. By Sibusiso Ngwenya, source yahoo news.