- INTERAFRICA BUS FROM BULAWAYO MUTARE; -An Interafrica bus from Bulawayo to Mutare was involved in a head on collision with a UD truck yesterday near Masvingo and six people were killed.
- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
CHIKOMBA – In a rare show of power and influence, Chikomba which is home to First Lady Grace Mugabe and one of the smallest districts in the country got more posts in Cabinet compared to the whole of Masvingo Province following the latest Cabinet reshuffle.
Chikomba which had one Cabinet Minister, Mike Bimha who is the first Lady’s cousin now has two after the appointment of Edgar Mbwembwe as the new Minister of Tourism, Environment and Hospitality Industry.
Chikomba has three seats in Parliament and Felix Mhona who is the MP for Chikomba Central is the only one who is not a Minister.
The district flexed its power and influence at an education and development celebration function hosted by Mike Bimha at Parugare Safaris and Lodges and attended by thousands of villagers just outside Chivhu on Saturday.
Among people from Mash East present at the function were the First Lady who told the crowd that Mike Bimha was her cousin as their late fathers were brothers, Minister of Defence Sydney Sekeramayi and the Minister of State for Mash East, Brigadier Ambrose Mutinhiri.
Masvingo Province which has over the years had the least number of Cabinet Ministers now has only one full Cabinet Minister, Walter Mzembi who was appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs at the reshuffle. Masvingo Province has 26 MPs compared to Chikomba’s three.
Josiah Hungwe, the only other Minister is a Minister of the less fashionable Psychomotor which for all intends and purpose is a department.
Gutu, Masvingo’s most populous district with five constituencies does not have a single Cabinet Minister so is Zaka, Bikita and Chiredzi districts which are all bigger than Chikomba.
Political analyst Dr Fidelis Duri said of the imbalance that it is a way of isolating Vice President Mnangagwa who is believed to be getting support from Masvingo Province. Source – Masvingo Mirror