- 'Matabeleland North Provincial Chief's Council strip Chief Nhlanhlayamangwe Felix Ndiweni his Chieftainship'
- TEAM BARCA , MACHETE GANG LEADER Taurai Mutandwa a.k.a Kwadez was shot dead on Thursday in a gun fight with cops during a gold rush near David Whitehead in Chegutu.
- BOEING 787-9 DREAMLINER left Heathrow London at around 6am local time on Thursday and touched down in Sydney at 12.28pm on Friday 19 hours and 19 minutes after take-off,
- NELSON CHAMISA’S OPPOSITION MDC SEE'S THE LIGHT and goes silent on questioning the legitimacy of Mnangagwa, paving the way for possible talks
- 'AFTER BREXIT departure, the UK will be, a second-rate player, while the main battlefield will be occupied by China, the US and the EU'-Tusk
Soul Brothers manager Welcome Nzimande told Daily Sun: “We are shocked and saddened by the news of David’s death. We didn’t expect it so soon. “His death has left a void in the mbaqanga music scene. He was one of the pioneers of the genre. May his soul rest in peace.”
Moses Ngwenya of Soul Brothers said he was very shocked by the news and he had lost a brother and a friend in the music industry.
Nkosinathi Ngwenya of Impumelelo said he couldn’t believe his father in music had died.
He said it was a great loss to music and the nation and he he was having trouble believing that David was truly gone.
David was admitted to hospital more than three weeks ago after getting very tired during a performance at Central Stadium in Uitenhage, Nelson Mandela Bay. At the time of his death, the Soul Brothers was busy recording their 39th album.
The album had planned collaborations with Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Steve Kekana and Ihashi Elimhlophe.
Welcome urged fans to continue praying for David’s family to be strong during a very difficult time.
David was born in Hammarsdale, a suburb of Durban also known as Mpumalanga, in 1950. He started his music career doing gigs in the kasi with the Groovy Boys.
He later co-founded Soul Brothers, which popularised mbaqanga across South Africa. At the time of his death, he was the group’s lead vocalist. Since the group was formed in 1974, Soul Brothers had recorded more than 30 albums. Source: Daily Sun