- ZINDZI MANDELA (59) , DAUGHTER OF THE LATE Nelson Mandela and Winnie Madikizela-Mandela and also the South African ambassador to Denmark has died.
- MDC-Alliance leader Advocate Nelson Chamisa has appointed his deputy Professor Welshman Ncube as acting party president with immediate effect.
- ZNA Brighton Matura murdered his girlfriend Fungayi Tendayi and shot himself to death on Wednesday morning at Nyimo shopping centre in Sanyati.
- TWO MURDER ACCUSED INDIVIDUALS INCLUDING THE son of former Midlands Provincial Affairs minister Jason Machaya, Foster, died in a car crash on Wednesday night along the Gweru-Mvuma Road in an accident that also claimed the life of a popular Gweru gold baron who was awaiting trial for murder.
- JUST LIKE AT TSVANGIRAI'S FUNREAL IN 2018, TEMPERS ONCE AGAIN FLARED up from he rowdy, violent MDC youth in Gutu, when Khuphe, arrived to pay her last respects to the MDC Alliance leader Nelson Chamisa was burying his late mother in Gutu on Tuesday.
Soul Brothers manager Welcome Nzimande told Daily Sun: “We are shocked and saddened by the news of David’s death. We didn’t expect it so soon. “His death has left a void in the mbaqanga music scene. He was one of the pioneers of the genre. May his soul rest in peace.”
Moses Ngwenya of Soul Brothers said he was very shocked by the news and he had lost a brother and a friend in the music industry.
Nkosinathi Ngwenya of Impumelelo said he couldn’t believe his father in music had died.
He said it was a great loss to music and the nation and he he was having trouble believing that David was truly gone.
David was admitted to hospital more than three weeks ago after getting very tired during a performance at Central Stadium in Uitenhage, Nelson Mandela Bay. At the time of his death, the Soul Brothers was busy recording their 39th album.
The album had planned collaborations with Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Steve Kekana and Ihashi Elimhlophe.
Welcome urged fans to continue praying for David’s family to be strong during a very difficult time.
David was born in Hammarsdale, a suburb of Durban also known as Mpumalanga, in 1950. He started his music career doing gigs in the kasi with the Groovy Boys.
He later co-founded Soul Brothers, which popularised mbaqanga across South Africa. At the time of his death, he was the group’s lead vocalist. Since the group was formed in 1974, Soul Brothers had recorded more than 30 albums. Source: Daily Sun