‘Multi-award winning South African gospel singer, S’fiso Ncwane has died’.

sfiso-ncwane1-3

‘Multi-award winning  South African gospel singer, S’fiso Ncwane has died’.
Although details around of the singer’s death are still sketchy at this stage, the Kulungile Baba hit-maker died today after falling ill, South African media reported.

South African media said  the singer was coughing up blood last night.

The singer made headlines last year after he bought his pastor a R1.9 Mercedes.

The Kulungile Baba hitmaker said  Pastor Anosike “saved his life through prayer” and he felt he had to repay him.

His 18-year-old daughter Nqobile Mzelemu accused him of being an “absent father” which the singer flatly denied.

“My father is a gospel star. A role model who blesses people with extravagant cars. He donates to the poor, but he is neglecting me,” she is quoted saying.
Source – Byo24News

South African Government to regularise presence of thousands of qualified, unemployed Zimbabwean Teachers in South Africa

black-male-teacher-black-student-1

 

 

The Zimbabwean and South African Governments are working towards regularisation of the teaching profession to deal with unemployed but qualified teachers in Zimbabwe and at the same time address the need gap in South Africa in a collaborative manner.

The process is expected to see Zimbabwean teachers in South Africa being registered and licensed.

The move comes against the backdrop of an unquantifiable number of qualified Zimbabwean teachers working in South Africa. Some of the them are not in the education sector and those in the education sector are employed mostly in private schools, where authorities cannot easily monitor their conditions of service.

Addressing a press conference, flanked by South Africa’s Basic Education Minister Angelina Motshekga, after a two-day conference on identifying possible areas of cooperation, Primary and Secondary Education Minister Dr Lazaraus Dokora said issues of human resources, research, curriculum implementation and assessment are earmarked for collaboration.

“The way we have discussed this issue is to say that, when our teachers proceed to work in South Africa, we want to know where they are, how they are being deployed and we also safeguard their interests,” said Dr Dokora.

He said the collaboration was meant to find a common ground with South Africa for the benefit of not only the two countries but also the teachers themselves.

Dr Dokora said both countries also need to cooperate on curriculum implementation and assessment to modernise the two in line with the demands of the 21st century.

“We have shared matters of mutual interest, their experiences and our experiences too and we have agreed to continue collaboration together in the area of assessment,” said Dr Dokora.

He said other areas include educational conferences to keep learning from each other and arts festivals.

Minister Motshekga said South Africa had always held Zimbabwe’s education system in high esteem and therefore had a lot to learn.

She said one area her Government was keen to learn from Zimbabwe was the area of public examinations in which, she said, the country was way ahead compared to South Africa.

“Historically, South Africa looks forward to the education system of Zimbabwe and thus we never hesitated to take up your invitation to this meeting to see how best we can collaborate,” she said.

Minister Motshekga said a series of meetings will follow the engagement with her Zimbabwean counterpart to start operationalising other areas that do not necessarily require Memoranda of Understanding. By Paidamoyo Chipunza and Praise Bvumbamera,  source-chronicle

Public memorial service held at Ellis Park today, in honour of the late Mduduzi “Mandoza” Tshabalala

madoza-main-1

 

FANS and supporters of late kwaito superstar Mduduzi “Mandoza” Tshabalala will get a chance to honour him at a public memorial service at Ellis Park today.

The 38-year-old died on Sunday after a year-long battle with brain cancer.

The kwaito legend discovered his cancer had re-occurred seven weeks ago and he started chemotherapy last week.

His manager Kevin Ntaopane says the musician fought till the end.

“He was a soldier. He died in the battlefield, he was a fighter. Thank you so much my brother, may your soul rest in peace.”

Mandoza will be buried on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Mandoza’s family says he died an honourable death. The family held a briefing at the Soweto Theatre on Monday.

The Nkalakatha hit maker died upon arrival in hospital on Sunday.

Speaking to TMG Entertainment at the press briefing on Monday, family spokesperson Mohlomola Kekana said they wanted to send a clear message, before rumours and speculation surrounding Mandoza’s financial affairs started doing the rounds.

Mohlomola said that ‘broke reports’ have been known to follow the death of well-known personalities, and they wanted to set the record straight from the onset.

“Mandoza is not a pauper. He is not a charity case- he is a husband, a father and a friend. And his family are taking care of all of his funeral arrangements,” he said.

Mohlomola went on to say that Mandoza was a “decent man” who worked hard all his life and he will be given a proper send-off by his family.

It was also announced at the press briefing that a public memorial service will be held in Mandoza’s honour this afternoon at 12 noon at Ellis Park.

Mandoza died on Sunday afternoon just days after his family issued a statement confirming that doctors had detected a tumour in his brain. The Nkalakatha hitmaker was first diagnosed with cancer in May last year but was given a clean bill of health after undergoing chemotherapy.
–    Ewn/Times Live

Malawi , Nyali Luxury Coach in accident outside Musina on N1 highway.

malawi-bus (2)
 
Many people, mostly believed to be Malawians, in transit from South Africa, Johannesburg city to Malawi via Zimbabwe were reportedly, seriously injured in a bus accident, early yesterday around 2am.
 
The bus, Nyali Luxury Coaches on board which the injured were travelling, was involved in a side swipe incident with a Mazda 323 vehicle approximately 20 kilometres from Musina town along the along the N1 highway.
 
The Mazda 323 car, was heading in the opposite direction and the side swipe incident resulted in the bus swerving off the road and overturning, causing a partial road blockage of the, now , notoriously dangerous N1 highway.
The N1 highway is a high traffic transport vein for international road haulage and coach passengers as it links South Africa to Zimbabwe and other African countries bordering Zimbabwe.
 
The victims along with the bus driver, mainly suffered broken limbs and were rushed to Musina hospital where they received treatment. More news to follow.
photos-herald-Nyali Luxury Coach
 
By Sibusiso Ngwenya

Zanu PF in split mind on whether to use force or not in quashing the escalating protests or consider dialogue

ZANU-PF-supporters

President Robert Mugabe and Zanu-PF are caught between a rock and a hard place on whether to use force in quashing the escalating protests or consider dialogue with the opposition, a respected think tank has said.

In its latest report, South Africa-based NKC African Economics said there are some people in Zanu-PF who would prefer dialogue rather than confrontation with the protestors.

This comes as police has unsuccessfully tried to thwart the wave of anti-Mugabe protests that have rocked the country.

“The fact that senior Zanu-PF officials are even talking about a state of emergency informs just how much the situation is sliding out of the regime’s control, leaving it with two hard options: negotiate or increase the repression and hope force will solve the problem,” the NKC report reads.

“The negotiations would consist of much-needed discussions over the creation of a level playing field heading toward 2018 elections and some decisive action on saving the economy.”

NKC said force is not a viable option as it would harden attitudes and move the protests from peaceful to potentially violent with disastrous consequences for both sides.”Taking a page out of (Mugabe spokesperson George) Charamba’s  playbook, … Mugabe should perhaps take a closer look at what the Syrian president has actually achieved, and then tell us again what a great strategy that was.”

The report also said they are some elements in the ruling party which are pushing for Mugabe to suspend Constitutional rule and declare a state of emergency in a move to deal with rising protests and internal divisions in the party.

“…an official state of emergency would allow the regime to unleash even more repression, including: mass arrests and detention without due process, an outright ban on any political activity (including strikes, marches or demonstrations), and, in extreme cases, would allow for the imposition of curfews and martial law.”

NKC’s report is on the back of Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa hinting on dialogue.

Mnangagwa was quoted in the State media as saying the only way to go is through engagement and peaceful demonstrations.

“We can only build our nation by accepting that our fellow citizens might have a good idea, you listen and it’s out of debate that the best comes out. But those who then resort to violence, it only depicts their lack of understanding, their lack of depth of appreciation of development in our country,” he said.

However, Mugabe has warned against the protests, with Zanu-PF youths plotting counter demos and threatening deal with the protestors. source-dailynews

50Injured In Bulawayo Bound Greyhound , Crash In South Africa, Near Luis Trichardt On N1 highway

Greyhound-3
A Bulawayo bound Greyhound bus was involved in an accident in the early hours of today near Luis Trichardt town in South Africa’s Limpopo.
Fifty people were reportedly injured, but no deaths were reported, when the driver of a Greyhound bus they were travelling in lost control resulting in the bus overturning in the early hours of today near Luis Trichardt town in South Africa’s Limpopo province. The bus was coming from Johannesburg headed for Bulawayo.

by Thupeyo Muleya

’21 Zims & 2Crew At Hammanskraal Police Stn After Being Robbed, Attacked & Eagle Liner,+1Buses Burnt’

Eagle Liner owner Ghalib Ishaemel told NewsDay that the travellers who were coming from Bulawayo were attacked by protestors who robbed them of all their belongings before setting the bus on fire.bus burntTwenty-three Zimbabwean travellers to Johannesburg were on Tuesday morning attacked and robbed after their bus was hijacked by protesting South Africans near Pretoria.

Eagle Liner owner Ghalib Ishaemel told NewsDay that the travellers who were coming from Bulawayo were attacked by protestors who robbed them of all their belongings before setting the bus on fire.

 

Eagle Liner owner Ghalib Ishaemel, said there were 21 passengers and a two member crew. “We have managed to move all the travellers from Hammanskraal police station where they had sought refuge. Every passenger is now heading to their destination. it’s very unfortunate. but we thank God that no one was attacked or injured in the process. we have taken up the matter with police and we hope to get the best assistance,”said Ishaemel

The situation, is however, reportedly still tense, with reports that some cross-border trucks have also been burnt.

More details to follow. source-newsday

 

 

Malema, Warns, That EFF Could Take Up Arms Against “State Violence” Just Like ANC In The 1960s

Julius-Malema (1)

THE EFF could be driven to take up arms against “state violence” just like the ANC did when it embarked on an armed struggle in the 1960s, party leader Julius Malema said today.

Speaking at Daily Maverick’s The Gathering in Midrand, Malema said: “If they (the ANC government) are fighting, we will fight, with everything we have. We are fighting the state violence. The state violence will be met with violence.”

He denied he was putting the lives of his supporters at risk. “I’m putting my life at risk, believe it. I will do it myself,” he said.

Malema denied he was encouraging his supporters to use violence.
“There is not any violence that can be attributed to the EFF,” he said. This was unlike the ANC, which has been rocked by infighting about positions for candidates for the 3 August local government election lists.

“We must not take up arms to self-destruct because the enemy will set us up to self-destruct,” Malema said.

“We will take over this government and there will not be a single drop of blood under my instruction. But if we are fought, the members will say we have fought for far too long now.”

Malema told Al Jazeera earlier this year the EFF was prepared to take power through the barrel of a gun. The ANC laid charges of high treason against the EFF in response.
Source – Mzansi Online

‘Rebecca Malope Reveals That, Vuyo Mokoena Was A Zimbabwean, Who Came To South Africa As A (6) Year Old’

VUYO Mokoena took a secret to his grave only known by his closest gospel music friend ‘Sis Ribbs’ Rebecca Malope, reported a newspaper.

The big secret is that Vuyo Mokoena who passed on in 2008 succumbing to a brain tumor was Zimbabwean by birth.

At the time of his death, he had taken a sabbatical from music as he battled blood cancer and leukemia.

“Vuyo was Zimbabwean. The fact that I didn’t know for years is amazing because I think that he didn’t want to talk about it and I don’t know why. Later on at some stage that’s when I found out that he was Zimbabwean,” said Malope.

Malope said she discovered that Vuyo arrived in South Africa as a child (6 years old) with his father who came in search of greener pastures.

That could be the reason why he was conversant in Shona.

“Every time we were on stage he loved singing Shona songs. That’s when I said OK,” added Malope.

Malope poured her heart out on how Mokoena’s death took her by surprise.

“Vuyo was a very healthy person, he didn’t drink or smoke,” she said.

Malope was in Zimbabwe where she had shows in Harare and Bulawayo celebrating 30 years in the music industry.bulawayo24.

Source: zimbabwe tabloid
photo-justcurious-The late gospel musician, Vuyo Mokoena

‘Rape Is Part Of Black Culture,’ Claims White SA High Court Judge

south-african-flag-610x280

A HIGH court judge may have landed in trouble after her comments about rape and black culture were posted on social media, BDLive reported.

In the messages Ms Schutte put up on social media, Judge Jansen said: “In their culture a woman is there to pleasure them. Period. It is seen as an absolute right and a woman’s consent is not required.

“I still have to meet a black girl who was not raped at about 12. I am dead serious.”

Judge Jansen said she was unable to respond to questions as her husband had died on Saturday. However, on Twitter, she said: “What I stated confidentially to somebody in a position to help has been taken completely out of context and referred to specific court cases.”

She also told Business Day that looking at the statistics of the criminal appeals and trials dealt with by the courts, “de facto, there are an inordinate amount of rape cases”.

“Instead of hounding me with the epithet of a ‘racist’, the real issue should be addressed squarely, and that is the protection of vulnerable women and children and an endeavour to cure the pandemic,” she said.

“Who will speak for them?” asked Judge Jansen.

In her messages to Ms Schutte, Judge Jansen spoke of an increased awareness by women of their rights, leading to a “veritable tsunami of rape cases”. But it was often only on the third time a woman reported rape that she was taken seriously. “Mothers are so brainwashed that they tell their children that it is their father’s birthright to be the first.”

Saying she could hand Ms Schutte “10, 20, 30, 40 files”, Judge Jansen said that while white people had “a lot to account for”, black people were “by far no angels”.

“Their conduct is despicable,” she said.

“Murder is also not a biggy. And gang rapes of baby, daughter and mother a pleasurable pastime …

“They are simply now in a position to branch out and include white women,” she said.

Ms Schutte said the messages were sent a year ago, during a debate on her public Facebook page. The messages were “an inboxed version of what she actually said in public”, but with very little public reaction.

Ms Schutte said she reposted the remarks this weekend after widespread calls for Rhodes scholar Ntokozo Qwabe to lose his place at Oxford over his now infamous Facebook post, celebrating a friend who had refused to tip a white waitress.

Ms Schutte said: “How could Qwabe’s utterances possibly have created more public outrage than these toxic, destructive and, frankly, illegal utterances?”

Chairman of Advocates for Transformation’s Johannesburg branch, Vuyani Ngalwana SC, said that Judge Jansen’s “outburst – effectively tarring all black men with the ‘rapist’ broad brush” was “shocking beyond belief, coming from a judge of the high court”.

“We shall invite the JSC to invite the learned judge to explain her context and then decide whether she is fit to continue to serve as a judge.”

Until she had explained herself, Advocates for Transformation remained “appalled at what appears on the face of it to be unwarranted and unprovoked racial profiling of black people in general”. bulawayo24. Source: BDLive

1 2 3 9