- ZNA Brighton Matura murdered his girlfriend Fungayi Tendayi and shot himself to death on Wednesday morning at Nyimo shopping centre in Sanyati.
- TWO MURDER ACCUSED INDIVIDUALS INCLUDING THE son of former Midlands Provincial Affairs minister Jason Machaya, Foster, died in a car crash on Wednesday night along the Gweru-Mvuma Road in an accident that also claimed the life of a popular Gweru gold baron who was awaiting trial for murder.
- JUST LIKE AT TSVANGIRAI'S FUNREAL IN 2018, TEMPERS ONCE AGAIN FLARED up from he rowdy, violent MDC youth in Gutu, when Khuphe, arrived to pay her last respects to the MDC Alliance leader Nelson Chamisa was burying his late mother in Gutu on Tuesday.
- THE RULING PARTY ZANU-PF YESTERDAY SAID IT WOULD DEAL HARSHLY WITH THE PLANNED PROTESTS AGAINST PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA'S government on July 31, evoking memories of killings by the army of civilians in 2018 and January last year. "To Chamisa, we say don't be a coward, you are always never found in front. If you do whatever you are threatening, come to front and face the risks," Chinamasa challenged
- FOUR PRISONERS AND ONE PRISON OFFICER at Bulawayo Prison have tested positive for Covid-19 , visitors banned countrywide, with immediate effect .
An MDC councilor has been sucked into a scandal that has seen a Chinese company threaten to evict about 20 000 villagers in Domboshava to pave way for their mining activities.
Deputy Government Spokesperson Energy Mutodi said the councilor had connived with the District Administrator to sell the hill.
“A meeting at Zimbiru Primary School with Domboshava residents today has revealed that MDC Councillor Tapiwa Murima and a corrupt DA Prisca Dube are behind the sale of Garimo hill to Chinese quarry miners.” Mutodi said. ” US $600k, 4 cattle and goats were paid. The MP and villagers were not consulted.”
On Friday Mutodi had announced that he had to cut short his visit to the Zimbabwe International Trade Fair after getting information that Domboshava villagers were about to be evicted.
In Zimbabwe mining rights supersede rights of occupation.
Said Mutodi on Friday, “I have prematurely ended my ZITF tour in order to attend to villagers in Domboshava who are claiming a Chinese company is planning to evict 20 000 individuals from their land after it was granted mining rights to extract quarry stones from a hill in their area.”
China is an all weather friend of the Zimbabwean government. Source – Byo24News