- Major Gen William Dube and NRZ GM Respina Zinyanduko wreak havoc in NRZ
- UKRAINES'S RICHEST MAN SUES RUSSIA AT at Europe's top human rights court over what he has said are billions of dollars in business losses since Russia's invasion.
- NATO INCREASES FORCES ON HIGH ALERT from 40,000 to more than 300,000 amid Russia threat
- GUCCI GRACE MUGABE Fake PhD trial to restart in September 2022
- ZIMBABWE'S OLDEST CHRISTIAN MISSION is 116-year old Inyathi Mission.
An MDC councilor has been sucked into a scandal that has seen a Chinese company threaten to evict about 20 000 villagers in Domboshava to pave way for their mining activities.
Deputy Government Spokesperson Energy Mutodi said the councilor had connived with the District Administrator to sell the hill.
“A meeting at Zimbiru Primary School with Domboshava residents today has revealed that MDC Councillor Tapiwa Murima and a corrupt DA Prisca Dube are behind the sale of Garimo hill to Chinese quarry miners.” Mutodi said. ” US $600k, 4 cattle and goats were paid. The MP and villagers were not consulted.”
On Friday Mutodi had announced that he had to cut short his visit to the Zimbabwe International Trade Fair after getting information that Domboshava villagers were about to be evicted.
In Zimbabwe mining rights supersede rights of occupation.
Said Mutodi on Friday, “I have prematurely ended my ZITF tour in order to attend to villagers in Domboshava who are claiming a Chinese company is planning to evict 20 000 individuals from their land after it was granted mining rights to extract quarry stones from a hill in their area.”
China is an all weather friend of the Zimbabwean government. Source – Byo24News