- CIRCUS: NELSON CHAMISA SAYS HE HAS THE SOLUTIONS TO ZIMBABWE'S ECONOMIC CRISIS and has demanded that the government reverses and refunds Zimbabweans all the money they lost to government through the new tax regime, which deducts two cents on every dollar for electronic transactions.
- DEPOSED EX PRESIDENT MUGABE'S SON IN LAW Simbarashe Chikore (41) has appeared before Harare Provincial Magistrate Elisha Singano on allegations of kidnapping after handing himself in to himself to the police accompanied by his lawyer Jonathan Samukange.
- NORTON MP, Mnangagwa and Mutasa's nephew Temba Mliswa says President Emmerson Mnangagwa must take back the finance ministry from Finance minister Mthuli Ncube as the former Finance Minister Patrick Chinamasa was far much better.
- FINANCE and Economic Development Minister Professor Mthuli Ncube has dumped Acie Mutumanje Lumumba, as chairman of the Communications Taskforce in the ministry, three days after his appointment.
- FOUR RESERVE BANK OF ZIMBABWE (RBZ) DIRECTORS SUSPENDED after allegations of crimes ranging from off-the-books bond notes to corrupt allocation of foreign currency and running a foreign currency cartel.
Police in Gwanda had to step in and rescue a ‘killer’ from mob justice in Gwanda after he stabbed a panner 4times.
The suspect Tungamirayi Kokerai (25) of Garikayi surburb in Gwanda allegedly fatally stabbed a gold panner (24) from Binga in a dispute over a sex worker around 03:00 hrs in phakama surburb.
The suspect was apprehended within a few hours of the murder and while police were escorting him to a police station, there was a two hour stand off with his relatives and friends which suddenly grew into a massive crowd all baying for the killers blood.
Sensing danger, the police dashed for their own safety and also protected the suspect in a near by house. The two hour stand off was only broken after two hours when armed police and anti riot police arrived to whisk them off to safety while protecting both the suspect and the police. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya