- President Emmerson Mnangagwa assures Tsvangirais family that Zimbabwe government will cover the R2 million health costs incurred by the late MDC leader, Morgan Tsvangirai
- Harare law firm Atherstone & Cook about his estate more than three times, apparently fearing that his beloved spouse would become a victim of property grabbing by his relatives.
- Funeral UPDATE: Tsvangirai's body flown in army chopper from One Commando barracks in Harare to Humanikwa Village, in Buhera for burial tomorrow
- MDC T SECRETARY GENERAL Douglas Mwonzora says MDC T will soon have an an extraordinary congress for the selection of a new MDC T leader and presidential candidate in preparation for 2018 general polls.
- The late MDC-T leader, Morgan Tsvangirai's mother, Lydia Zvaipa, was conspicuous by her absence at a memorial service for her son held at Mabelreign Methodist Fellowship Church in Harare yesterday, as tensions rose
Police in Gwanda had to step in and rescue a ‘killer’ from mob justice in Gwanda after he stabbed a panner 4times.
The suspect Tungamirayi Kokerai (25) of Garikayi surburb in Gwanda allegedly fatally stabbed a gold panner (24) from Binga in a dispute over a sex worker around 03:00 hrs in phakama surburb.
The suspect was apprehended within a few hours of the murder and while police were escorting him to a police station, there was a two hour stand off with his relatives and friends which suddenly grew into a massive crowd all baying for the killers blood.
Sensing danger, the police dashed for their own safety and also protected the suspect in a near by house. The two hour stand off was only broken after two hours when armed police and anti riot police arrived to whisk them off to safety while protecting both the suspect and the police. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya