- INTERAFRICA BUS FROM BULAWAYO MUTARE; -An Interafrica bus from Bulawayo to Mutare was involved in a head on collision with a UD truck yesterday near Masvingo and six people were killed.
- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
MailOnline photographed the palatial opulent home of General Constantino Chiwenga, the commander of Zimbabwe’s armed forces, who spearheaded the recent military takeover in Zimbabwe.
Located just down the road from both Blue Roof and Mr Mnangagwa’s home, the general’s white mansion, which is built on modernist design principles and sits on the crest of a hill, dominates the area.
Augustine Chihuri, Zimbabwe’s chief of police, also has a luxury home in Borrowdale. The close proximity of all of these properties underscores how power in Zimbabwe is held by a small and hugely influential elite.
The ‘C’ stands for ‘Constantino’ and the ‘M’ for ‘Mary’, after his wife. Byo24