- ZNA Brighton Matura murdered his girlfriend Fungayi Tendayi and shot himself to death on Wednesday morning at Nyimo shopping centre in Sanyati.
- TWO MURDER ACCUSED INDIVIDUALS INCLUDING THE son of former Midlands Provincial Affairs minister Jason Machaya, Foster, died in a car crash on Wednesday night along the Gweru-Mvuma Road in an accident that also claimed the life of a popular Gweru gold baron who was awaiting trial for murder.
- JUST LIKE AT TSVANGIRAI'S FUNREAL IN 2018, TEMPERS ONCE AGAIN FLARED up from he rowdy, violent MDC youth in Gutu, when Khuphe, arrived to pay her last respects to the MDC Alliance leader Nelson Chamisa was burying his late mother in Gutu on Tuesday.
- THE RULING PARTY ZANU-PF YESTERDAY SAID IT WOULD DEAL HARSHLY WITH THE PLANNED PROTESTS AGAINST PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA'S government on July 31, evoking memories of killings by the army of civilians in 2018 and January last year. "To Chamisa, we say don't be a coward, you are always never found in front. If you do whatever you are threatening, come to front and face the risks," Chinamasa challenged
- FOUR PRISONERS AND ONE PRISON OFFICER at Bulawayo Prison have tested positive for Covid-19 , visitors banned countrywide, with immediate effect .
ZIMBABWE ARMY AND POLICE have sealed all access into the capital city Harare, with no civilians being allowed into CBD
A joint operation by the military and the police has seen the details manning roadblocks leading to the CBD and blocking civilians from entering while only allowing nurses and few individuals employed under essential services to pass.
Secretary for Information Nick Mangwana said the deployment of the soldiers was not amiss since the country was under an indefinite lockdown.
Mangwana, said “Government has not pronounced a change in Lockdown Regulations. We are still on Level 2 lockdown and permitted economic activity should go ahead. Police are only enforcing the pronounced and gazetted Level 2 conditions.”
The lockdown of Harare today is POLITICAL and not related to COVID-19 pandemic. ZANU PF and the regime are expecting a reaction following the arrest of Advocate Mpofu, MDC @nelsonchamisa lawyer when he appears in court today. COVID-19 is purely politicised and bastardised pic.twitter.com/a7BacqW9zQ
— Pedzisai Ruhanya (@PedzisaiRuhanya) June 2, 2020
Political analyst Pedzisai Ruhanya said the increase in security was linked to a court case involving MDC lawyer Advocate Thabani Mpofu who appearing in court on Tuesday to answer charges of perjury.
“The lockdown of Harare today is POLITICAL and not related to COVID-19 pandemic. ZANU PF and the regime are expecting a reaction following the arrest of Advocate Mpofu, MDC lawyer when he appears in court today. COVID-19 is purely politicised and bastardised.” Ruhanya posted on Twitter. – Byo24