- ZANU PF CANDIDATES LIST FOR Bulawayo, Matabeleland South, Matabeleland North, Midlands, and Masvingo.
- NEWSFLASH: 'MDC T AND ZANU PF have refused to commit to gender equality and 50-50 representation' OpenParly
- ROME THE ITALIAN CAPITAL, CELEBRATES ITS 2,770th BIRTHDAY ON 21 APRIL, with events lasting until Sunday 23 April
- BREAKING NEWS: ZIMBABWE'S FORMER POLICE commissioner-general Augustine Chihuri discovered at his wife's family home in Malawi
- MDC-T SECRETARY GENERAL DOUGLAS MWONZORA'S daughter ditches Chamisa faction for Thokozani Khuphe faction.
Zimbabwe Government has frozen bank accounts of former Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development Minister Professor Jonathan Moyo and his former Local Government, Public Works and National Housing counterpart Mr Saviour Kasukuwere, pending investigations in their business activities.
Home Affairs and Culture Minister Dr Obert Mpofu confirmed the freezing of the bank accounts last night, but referred further questions to the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe.
In an advertisement to all financial institutions, the RBZ said: “You are directed to identify and immediately freeze all accounts in the name of the above named individuals and any accounts in which the said individuals are directors or have a known beneficial interest.
“You are further directed to submit, in writing, a written to the Unit, by no later than the 8th of December, 2017, listing and giving particulars (including balances) of all the accounts that you would have identified and frozen in terms of this directive. Where you have not identified any relevant account, you shall nevertheless submit nil return.
“The effect of the freeze is that, (except any inflows into the account, which shall be processed normally and immediately notified to the Unit) no other transaction shall be processed from a frozen account, until further the Unit directs otherwise.”