- HANGING TREEE: Where British settlers hung nine Ndebele warriors more than 100 years ago at the height of the Umvukela (Matabeleland uprisings) in 1896-7, along JMN Nkomo Street between Connaught Avenue and Masotsha Ndlovu Avenue, is a national monument as it symbolises both subjugation and resistance to colonialism by the Zimabwe’s citizens.
- 300 Cowdray Park opposition members mostly defectors from MDC-Alliance joined Zanu-PF during yesterday’s meeting
- Borrowdale road and Harare Drive traffic lights hit-and-run driver arrested after a recording of the incident went viral on social media.
- Financial institutions have grouped under the Bankers Association and resolved not to accept the state-issued 99-year farm leases.
- OPPOSITION party Zapu says it will this week write to Parliament seeking to recall its former members, who are now part of the ruling Zanu-PF.
ZIMBABWE’S VICE PRESIDENT ‘SHAGGY KEMBO MOREHARDY’ Vice has tendered his resignation to President Emmerson Mnangagwa and issued a statement to that effect.
In his address the Vice President said he was stepping down to save the image of the government and it was necessitated by his desire to seek justice on “flawed espionage to achieve cheap political points.”
“Hard as it may be to my family, friends, comrades and cadres of my Party ZANU PF, I am taking the decision to step down as the Vice President of Zimbabwe, to save the image of my government,” he said.
“My decision to relinquish the Vice President post is also a way of respecting the citizens of this Great Nation and my Party Comrades, some of whom would have been affected by the falsehoods and character assassination in the digital ecosystems.
“My resignation is also necessitated by my desire to seek clarity and justice on the matter in which my legal team will pursue and deconstruct this pseudo-paparazzi and flawed espionage to achieve cheap political points.”
More to follow..Sibusiso Ngwenya byo24