- ESTRANGED WIFE OF BRIG GEN MUTISI , ex Zim Consolidated Diamond Company (ZCDC) audit executive Dr Cleopatra Mutisi is facing murder charges
- AT LEAST SIX BILLS, lapsed after the august House failed to debate and pass them and dozed off during the First Session of the Ninth Parliament.
- MDC SEEKS HIGH COURT ORDER TO INTERDICT Home Affairs minister Mathema, Police Com-Gen Matanga and Officer Commanding Police Harare Central District from threatening the MDC party’s employees and interfering with the MDC business at Morgan Richard Tsvangirai House in Harare.
- DOCTORS AGAINST CONTROVERSIAL CORONERS OFFICE BILL AS IT VIOLATES their independence of conducting post-mortems without duress, ministerial directives and gives room to false reports
- TENDA BUS SERVICE OWNER, ERNEST MUNGWARI (72) arrested on allegations of obstructing the police and Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) officials from confiscating goods smuggled into the country.
TWO people were killed at Skyline in Chimanimani on Thursday when a parked military vehicle allegedly lost brakes and hit a rescue ambulance.
The dead were taken to Chipinge mortuary while two injured were rushed to hospital for treatment.
The deceased, who cannot be named because their next of kin have not been identified, were girls around 15 and 17.
Skyline has a military centre offering help to Cyclone Idai victims.
Several army trucks are parked there as well as tents for the soldiers, police, Nyaradzo Funeral Services and various other institutions assisting the victims.
Major Exavier Chibasa from the army public relations department confirmed the incident, which he described as “very sad”.
“It was an accident, it’s very sad that life has been lost when we are here to save lives,” Chibasa said.
According to witnesses, the parked truck suddenly rolled down, hitting a military ambulance, and forcing people to run in every direction for cover.
The two are from communities around Skyline who had come to the centre, hoping to receive relief aid. Newsday