- A 19-YEAR-OLD BULAWAYO DOMESTIC WORKER FOUGHT OFF two knife-wielding men and sent them fleeing after they broke into a house and tried to rape her and her employer's daughters aged seven and 14 years,
- MDC-T National Council, the Supreme-decision-making body in between Congresses met today deliberated on key issues affecting the partyand fired the MDC T Vice President Thokozani Khuphe
- MUGABE:-BLAME NDEBELES, ZAPU AND ZIPRA FOR GUKURAHUNDI
- The Progressive Teachers Union of Zimbabwe (PTUZ) Secretary - General Mr Raymond Majongwe has threatened to take the government to court for failing to address hunger and schooling equipment for school children after 38 years of independence.
- MDC-T NATIONAL CHAIRMAN LOVEMORE MOYO, YESTERDAY QUIT BOTH HIS POSITION AND MDC T PARTY citing, among other issues, what he called the unconstitutional power grab by leader Mr Nelson Chamisa.
Sources who spoke to The Manica Post said Dick, who stays in Tsanzaguru suburb, was not on duty that Saturday but went to the camp and when he arrived at the entrance, there were two armed soldiers manning the gate. He is said to have sent one of them to the camp and ordered him to leave his AK 47 behind.
Dick who was wearing civilian clothes, is further alleged to have sent the other soldier for some errands close to the guard room. When he was alone, he then shot himself once on the neck and died on the spot.
Manicaland acting police spokesperson Assistant Luxon Chananda confirmed the incident, which has gone viral on social media but declined to give full details saying he is awaiting instructions from his superiors in Harare.
Sources told The Manica Post that Dick was having problems at work and allegedly had a pending case before the Martial Court, where he was charged with having an extra marital affair with the wife of a junior subordinate. They added that if Dick was found guilty he was going to face automatic dismissal from the force.
Dick, who is married to a Harare based soldier, the sources said, was also having serious problems with his live-in girlfriend who had reported him to police for allegedly raping her daughter.
The case was supposed to be heard this week in court. The sources also said Dick was being pestered by one of his girlfriends over maintenance of their child.
He reportedly spent one night in police for defaulting paying maintenance and the girlfriend is said to have garnished his entire bonus due to maintenance arrears.