- Nine people died in an accident between a Greenfuel sugar cane truck and a kombi in Manzvire, 10km from Checheche, Manicaland today, with 17 passengers instead of the authorised 15 passengers.
- ACCIDENT: AN INTERCAPE BUS from Johannesburg South Africa to Malawi overturned this morning in Nyanda, about 15 kilometres from Masvingo.
- GEORGE HW BUSH, Ex US PRESIDENT (94), father of George W Bush, has died aged 94.
- LABOUR MP LlOYD RUSSELL-MOYLE HAS TOLD told the House of Commons he is HIV positive during a debate about World AIDs Day.
- INFORMATION IS POWER!-Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,
Beitbridge residents have been advised to used water wisely because taps will be be dry for the next two days after Zimbabwe National Water Authority has run out of water purification chemicals.
“Beitbridge Residents. May we use water wisely. Taps will run dry for the next two days. I am told ZINWA has run out of purification chemicals and they will restore supplies most likely tomorrow or Monday,” said Thupeyo Muleya a seasoned journalist.
There has been a long raging fight for the control of Beitbridge water between ZINWA and the Beitbridge Town Council.
The Zimbabwe National Water Authority has been clutching onto Beitbridge water despite its glaring inefficiency and open rejection by residents.
In 2017 Beitbridge was haunted by acute water shortages after Zinwa introduced stringent distribution measures to force BTC to pay a $12 million debt.
In response, council wrote to central government for authority to take over the water supplies, arguing Zinwa put money ahead of human life.