- A HARARE woman Stella Kwanisai (31), claimed maintenance from two men for the same child using two birth certificates.
- SIX POACHERS JAILED NINE YEARS EACH for illegal possession of two pieces of ivory weighing 37 kg worth US$9 250.
- ZANU PF YOUTH LEAGUE HAS ANNOUNCED the suspension of former home affairs minister, Obert Mpofu and banned him along with several others from Zanu pf offices.
- FINANCE MINISTER MTHULI NCUBE has outlawed the use of US Dollar, Rand and all foreign currency as legal tender with effect from today, the 24th June 2019.
- FORMER BRITAIN DEPUTY PM LORD John prescott has been hospitalised after suffering a stroke.
A 19-YEAR-OLD woman from Dulivhadzimo, Beitbridge, has been taken to court for attempting to trade her daughter for three cars to a Zimbabwean based in South Africa in a suspected ritual case meant to boost his transport business.
Agness Sheron Teverashe Pedzisai was not asked to plead to a charge of conspiracy to murder, when she appeared before Beitbridge regional magistrate Crispen Mberewere on Wednesday.
The magistrate remanded her in custody to June 5 for trial.
Prosecutor Munyonga Kuvarega told the court that sometime in April, Pedzisai obtained contacts of Brian Musekiwa Mungofa, who is based in South Africa and started talking to him through text messages.
Pedzisai allegedly told Mungofa that she was offering her child, who was staying in Chivi, so that he kills her and obtain body parts for the enhancement of his transport business.
She demanded a Nissan Caravan, Honda Fit and Altezza in exchange for the child.
Mungofa reported the matter to one Constable Mbembwe of the Criminal Investigation Department in Beitbridge.
Mbembwe, in the company of Assistant Inspector Muradya, went to see Pedzisai, who confirmed the deal. She was immediately arrested and investigations established that she had a daughter who was staying with her grandmother at Mbavare village in Chivi, who she reportedly wanted to trade for the cars. newsday