- UNEMPLOYMENT crisis as Chamisa has dismissed 145 MDC employees, security personnel, directors, coordinators and office orderly who were recruited by Morgan Tsvangirai
- A HARARE woman Stella Kwanisai (31), claimed maintenance from two men for the same child using two birth certificates.
- SIX POACHERS JAILED NINE YEARS EACH for illegal possession of two pieces of ivory weighing 37 kg worth US$9 250.
- ZANU PF YOUTH LEAGUE HAS ANNOUNCED the suspension of former home affairs minister, Obert Mpofu and banned him along with several others from Zanu pf offices.
- FINANCE MINISTER MTHULI NCUBE has outlawed the use of US Dollar, Rand and all foreign currency as legal tender with effect from today, the 24th June 2019.
A 38-year-old Zimbabwean woman who was arrested by South African police last week in connection with the smuggling of drugs worth R2 million into that country via Beitbridge Border Post has been denied bail by a Musina Magistrate court.
Sources close to the case said that, Mavis Thundeza had been remanded in custody to June 6 for trial.
“The suspect aged 38 year who was arrested at the border with crystal meth appeared today before Musina Magistrate court and the case was remanded to June 6, 2019.
“She is in custody, she was not granted bail,” said the official.
Limpopo police spokesperson, Colonel Moatshe Ngoepe said the woman was arrested on May 11 at around 6 am while travelling from Zimbabwe to the neighbouring country. He said Thundeza was arrested by police during routine border patrols.
More to follow….Source – the herald