- CHAMISA HAS DISMISSED 145 MDC employees security personnel, directors, coordinators and office orderly who were recruited by Morgan Tsvangirai
- A HARARE woman Stella Kwanisai (31), claimed maintenance from two men for the same child using two birth certificates.
- SIX POACHERS JAILED NINE YEARS EACH for illegal possession of two pieces of ivory weighing 37 kg worth US$9 250.
- ZANU PF YOUTH LEAGUE HAS ANNOUNCED the suspension of former home affairs minister, Obert Mpofu and banned him along with several others from Zanu pf offices.
- FINANCE MINISTER MTHULI NCUBE has outlawed the use of US Dollar, Rand and all foreign currency as legal tender with effect from today, the 24th June 2019.
I have personally seen Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron and Theresa May all former British Prime Ministers rise and peacefully leave office in the last 20 years, yet in my own motherland, Zimbabwe, I only ever saw Ian Smith, then Mugabe for 37 years and et you find the suffering population claiming Zanu pf are the best,..really?
After mounting pressure over Theresa May’s failure to deliver Brexit, the British PM, in a cracking voice, in an emotional speech, stated that she has ‘done her best’ to deliver the result of the EU referendum.
She said, “It is and will always remain a matter of deep regret to me that I have not been able to deliver Brexit,” she said.
Mrs May will however remain in post until a successor is chosen after her statement outside no 10 Downing Street in London, this morning, to stand down as Tory party leader on Friday 7 June 2019 in what Conservative MPs said was a ‘dignified’ speech.
This week, Andrea Leadsom, who quit the cabinet said “A very dignified speech by Theresa May. An illustration of her total commitment to country and duty.”
Leadership hopeful Liz Truss said: “Very dignified statement from the Prime Minister. She has put her all into the job and has shown huge resilience at this difficult time. Thank you.”
Michael Gove, who remained loyal to Mrs May throughout her time in office, said: “A moving speech from a Prime Minister who deserves our respect and gratitude.”
The final straw of her doomed premiership came when a last-gasp effort to win support for her Withdrawal Agreement Bill backfired spectacularly and it became obvious her Brexit deal was dead in the water.
Brexiteers within her own party were enraged by the concession of the offer of a potential second referendum and customs union arrangement announced on Tuesday.
She also lost the support of many senior Cabinet members who made it clear her time was up.
Labour and the DUP also said they would not support the deal.
Andrea Leadsom dealt another blow when she quit as Commons leader on Wednesday evening saying she had lost confidence Mrs May would “deliver on the referendum result”.
British Prime Minister Theresa May announcement the day after European elections in which the Tories are expected to perform disastrously, means she will still be in power for Donald Trump’s state visit on 3-5 June 2019. At present, Boris Johnson is seen as the favourite to replace Theresa May as the British Prime Minister. Sibusiso Ngwenya source yahoo. More news to follow.photo- Theresa May.