- MDC vice-chair Sikhala has threatened to initiate constitutional processes to push out Mnangagwa's government from power as the economic turmoil and deteriorating social and political space in Zimbabwe could not be allowed to continue.
- SIX Mutoko parents and teachers were arrested on Thursday for staging a protest against the deterioration of standards in the education sector
- 'A Twin Farm , Dromoland, Zimbabwe farmer has been arrested for shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property'
- AN Inyathi farmer of Twin Farm in Dromoland, Zimbabwe has been arrested on charges of shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property
- 'RYANAIR BOSS Michael O'Leary branded 'racist' after suggesting Muslim men should face extra searches at airports. because Muslim men 'are more likely to be terrorists'
Newzimbabwevision is reliably informed that the former Zimbabwe National Students Union (Zinasu) President now the President of the Rural Teachers Union in Zimbabwe, ‘Obert Masaraure’ and other cadres were arrested yesterday.
Their arrest comes a day after the Rural Teachers Union in Zimbabwe (RTUZ) issued a statement emphasising their anger at the ‘lack of clarity and certainty’ from the Zanu PF government on bonuses and threatening to demonstrate in January if the bonus issue is not resolved.
In detention, included are Pride Mukono the Rural teachers Union (RTUZ) programmes officer and current Zimbabwe National Students Union (Zinasu) president and he was stripped and assaulted heavily in police detention at Kuwadzana police station.
It therefore comes as no surprise that the ruthless regime, in typical oppressive authority style, the police are not forthcoming with information, and it wouldn’t surprise anyone to see, trumped up charges raised by the authorities against the RTUZ team in order to silence them and break up any attempts at a defiant stance of protest over their bonuses.
Police were initially not giving any reasons for this development and they not allowing the Rural Teachers Union in Zimbabwe, access to talk their detained officials and members.
However after those seeking to see them, had badgered the police for detail over the arrests the officer preparing the docket is alleging that the group was arrested because of assault charges levelled against them but is not prepared to divulge further information.
We have received photos of Obert in detention and he is in bad shape after heavy police assaults whilst naked in detention.
While it is clear the police have assaulted Obert and others in detention it is however unclear as to who ‘had been assaulted or laid assault charges and when the assaults if anything of that nature occured leading to the arrests’, but the Rural Teachers Union in Zimbabwe (RTUZ) have notified the Zimbabwe Lawyers For Human Rights.
The Rural Teachers Union Of Zimbabwe (RTUZ) will soon release a press statement to update everyone, calling for the release of their president and updating the public about the issue. The full news detail will be issued out once we have all the information on the ground, from Ellington Kasimeni, the former Zinasu Treasurer and now the RTUZ Deputy secretary general . BySibusiso Ngwenya
photo-pictured is the heavily injured President of the Rural Teachers Union in Zimbabwe, ‘Obert Masaraure’ after assault by police and still in police detention.