- HISTORY 16 NOVEMBER 1855, the Scottish Missionary and explorer Dr David Livingstone became the first white man to see , Mosi-oa-Tunya 'The Smoke Which Thunders
- Chamisa will on Wednesday give his ‘hope of the nation address from Harare's Africa Unity Square in front of party supporters and diplomats, according to his spokesperson Nkululeko Sibanda
- 'Mugabe's gukurahundi genocide (20,000butchered) could have been avoided if Nkomo had accepted ceremonial president at independence'.-Tshinga Dube
- 'Matabeleland North Provincial Chief's Council strip Chief Nhlanhlayamangwe Felix Ndiweni his Chieftainship'
- TEAM BARCA , MACHETE GANG LEADER Taurai Mutandwa a.k.a Kwadez was shot dead on Thursday in a gun fight with cops during a gold rush near David Whitehead in Chegutu.
Joseph Phiri allegedly fatally struck his son Adam, a Form Two pupil at a city school, on Saturday and downed rogor pesticide when he realised the boy was not breathing.
Phiri has since been arrested and is recovering at Mpilo Central Hospital under police guard.
The Chronicle yesterday visited Phiri’s residence where mourners are gathered. However, none of the family members were at home as they were said to have visited the suspect in hospital while others were busy with burial arrangements.
A neighbour who spoke on condition of anonymity said Phiri allegedly killed his son while scolding him for breaking a window pane at a neighbour’s house.
“It’s disciplinary action gone wrong. It’s senseless how he attacked and killed his child. We are told that his son had broken a neighbour’s window pane resulting in the neighbour approaching Phiri and telling him to reprimand his son. Phiri told the neighbour that Adam had been giving him problems and vowed to fix him. He savagely attacked his son all over his body with an iron bar, killing him in the process,” said the neighbour.
The informant said upon realising that he had been too heavy-handed when the boy stopped moving, Phiri drank poisonous rogor pesticide to commit suicide.
“However, he did not die. I’m not sure who found him and saved his life. I really do not understand why a father would beat his son excessively with an iron bar. I know children can be a menace to us parents but do we have to go to the extremes just to reprimand them?” asked the source. Acting Bulawayo police spokesperson Assistant Inspector Nomalanga Msebele could not be reached for comment.Source – chronicleINFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows:
1) Zimbabwe Global News 236,858 members2) Newzimbabwevision.com website 23,504 likes23,512 followers.Manages Newzimbabwevision
Followed by 12,510https://www.facebook.com/sibusiso.ngwenya.967/videos/10216973817674517/?t=17