- RTD GEN VICE PRESIDENT CHIWENGA'S EX WIFE, MARRY MUBAIWA WAS YESTERDAY BROUGHT TO COURT IN AN AMBULANCE, carried into the building on a stretcher and then pushed into the courtroom on a wheelchair while on an intravenous injection, after a warrant of arrest was issued against her for failing to attend a court remand hearing on charges of attempted murder and externalising foreign currency.
- Johannesburg. — PRICES OF FOOD AND OTHER COMMODITIES are likely to increase as a backlash from the ongoing attacks on trucks in South Africa forces distributors to seek alternative logistics.
- SOME WESTERN COUNTRIES ARE POURING SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNTS of money through non-governmental organisations (NGOs) to unite feuding MDC factions.
- ABUKA. — 110 RICE FARMERS KILLED BY BOKO HARAM ISLAMIST INSURGENTS in Nigeria’s northeast , a United Nations official said.
- FORMER Finance Minister, Tendai Biti has described as a ‘bank heist', businessman Kuda Tagwirei's reported acquisition of ZB Bank and becoming a major shareholder against the provisions of the Banking Act.
Deputy Government Spokesperson Energy Mutodi has advised MDC leader Nelson Chamisa to resign from his position after the High Court ruled on Wednesday that he is not the legitimate President of the party.
“After being declared an illegitimate president of the MDC and a usurper of power in an opposition party that purports to stand for democracy,” Mutodi said. “The honorable thing to do for Nelson Chamisa is simply to resign. No court on earth can endorse an illegality, even a court of appeals.”
The MDC has indicated that it will appeal against the judgement but will also proceed with the Congress that is set for this month.
Former Politiburo member Professor Jonathan Moyo accused the Deputy Minister of gloating over the judgement.
“First your administration massacres people in the streets andf in their homes to impose Mnangagwa, whose illegitimacy is common cause. Then the same embattled administration massacres the judiciary to create political fiction. And, predictably, you gloat over it. What’s next?”
David Coltart on Thursday called the judgement an empty thunder that should never have been delivered. Source – Byo24News