- 'COURT UPHOLDS charges against this flag Mawarire, trade unionists Mutasa and Moyo, of trying to subvert a constitutionally elected government'
- SADC REGION DECLARE 25 th October as solidarity day against sanctions on Zimbabwe , and war vets recommend anti-sanctions holiday on 25 th October
- ' A BULAWAYO TOUT (33) KILLED his cousin (40) with an iron bar and broomstick then reported to police that he had found him dead.'
- ZANU PF dep youth league leader Matutu says Prof Moyo has lost relevance and is a useless and permanent fugitive.
- Coltart says Mnangagwa's intensifying of crackdown against the opposition, use of brute force to crush people's dissent indicates gvt fear of the new wave
Chiwenga’s Minister of State Security under Acting President Chiwenga’s government Owen Mudha Ncube has instructed all Internet Service Providers to open up internet access save for specified social media applications.
Ncube yesterday had directed all service providers to shut down internet completely, the second time this week. Internet was unavailable from midnight to 4PM today.
In a message sent to its clients by Econet Wireles, the Telecoms giant said, “At 15:55 on 18/01/2019 we received a further instruction under ministerial directive to open access to the generality of internet services except specified social media applications.”
Media Institute of Southern Africa Zimbabwe chapter through the Zimbabwe Lawyers for Human Rights has taken the government to court seeking a ruling on the switching of internet.
Source – Byo24