- It is reported that Movement for Democratic Change (MDC T) treasurer, former Chimanimani member of parliament Roy Bennett and his wife‚ Heather‚ died today in a helicopter crash in Canada.
- The coup, named Operation Restore Legacy, was about keeping the Joint Operation Command Junta in power at all cost
- At least 30 senior police police officers from rank of Senior Assistant Commissioners who were seen as aligned to deposed former President Robert Mugabe have been dismissed.
- 'Mugabe fall is a step forward and, Mnangagwa and Chiwenga onto presidency is a thousand steps backwards' -online petition to have Mnangagwa and Chiwenga indicted at the International Criminal Court (ICC) for human rights abuses
- BOND NOTES WILL STAY in circulation, Finance and Economic Planning Minister Patrick Chinamasa, people say 'NO diaspora votes, no elections, else we become an African sh*thole country !
A-FIVE-YEAR-OLD girl from Hwange who went missing for 12 days was found dead with her private parts and tongue missing.
The body of Shylet Mudenda of Kasibo Village under Chief Hwange who went missing on April 29, was found last week in a stream about 20 KM away from her home.
The body had not decomposed at the time of discovery, indicating that she could have been killed a few days before her body was discovered.
Villagers yesterday said they suspected the girl was kidnapped and sexually abused for a number of days before being killed and mutilated for ritual purposes.
Kasibo village head Mr Chadamoyo Neshavi confirmed the death of the girl.
Family members and villagers who saw the body said her private parts and her tongue were missing,” he said.
Mr Neshavi said the girl left home 12 days ago with other children and their mothers.
“Their mothers had gone to do laundry in a stream which is about 400 metres away from their homes. Children, as usual, played close to the stream near their mothers.
“While they played, it is alleged Shylet fell into the stream and others laughed at her resulting in her deciding to return home. She left heading towards her home and that was the last time she was seen,” he said.
The village head said when the group from the stream got home, it was discovered that Shylet had not returned home.
“Alarm was raised throughout the village and we embarked on a search for about five days, to no avail. When villagers and family members had lost hope, a villager who had gone fishing, stumbled on her body.
“Mr Kenneth Phiri was coming from Matetsi River and as he crossed Sizambo stream, he saw the partially exposed body of the young girl. The state of the body indicated that she probably died a few days before the body was discovered,” he said.
Last year, a man from Kamativi in Matabeleland allegedly raped and killed his two step- daughters. He allegedly went on to mutilate their bodies before dumping the bodies in a pit.
Whinsley Masara chronicle