- Doctors now in 2nd month of a strike, and Zimbabwe teachers will only work 2 days a week and no longer abide by the formal dress code
- Zimbabwe Gender Commission (ZGC) says tertiary institutions must introduce uniforms for female students, ostensibly to avoid sexual abuse.
- FORMER FINANCE MINISTER ,MDC Alliance VP Tendai Biti says Zimbabwe will collapse in six months owing to the run away inflation .
- A CHIMANIMANI woman Sibongile Mlambo like Grace Mugabe, locked up boyfriend Robert Manzou's body (40)for two days as she left for another binge.
- CHAMISA KHUPHE FIGHT in new twist in the battle for control of the MDC opposition party
A Kwekwe gold dealer on Tuesday appeared before a Kwekwe Magistrate facing murder charges after he fatally shot a man who was playing snooker during a fight with his friends.
Canisio Misi (36) of 6269 Golden Acres, Kwekwe, who had been drinking beer with his friends, allegedly drew a pistol and fired random shots during the altercation. Misi was remanded in custody to June 4 by Kwekwe Magistrate Miss Vimbai Mtukwa.
He was advised to apply for bail at the High Court. Prosecuting, Mrs Ethel Bhumure alleged that on May 12 around 9pm, Misi was drinking beer at Yellow Snake Mine Shops in the company of friends, Spencer Pande, Farai Nengure and one Isaac.
A misunderstanding arose among them which degenerated into a fight. Misi then pulled out his CZ Pistol and fired some random shots and one of the bullets hit Brighton Muzanarwo, who was playing snooker nearby and had nothing to do with the scuffle leading to his instant death. Source – the herald