- 85 UK COVID -19 DEATHS in the last 24 hours, total 45,053 deaths across all settings.
- 'UNITED NATIONS SAYS , ZIMBABWE'S POLITICAL polarisation, poor governance and a fragile economy have exacerbated people's discontent with government, adding Mnangagwa should address the root cause of the problems rather than engage in excessive use of force '.
- FORMER ZIMBABWE DEPUTY AMBASSADOR TO TANZANIA in the 1980s, Stanley Chabvepi (68) died last week and was buried over the weekend at his rural home in Mufuka village under Chief Marozva in Bikita.
- FORMER ARMY COMMANDER, VICE-PRESIDENT CONTANTINO CHIWENGA AIRLIFTED BACK TO CHINA amid reports his troubling health had deteriorated, and he has missed two Cabinet meetings and a Zanu-PF politburo meeting, among other high-profile events.
- MASVINGO CITY PLACED IN FULL LOCKDOWN BY POLICE to contain the spread of COVID-19.
A Kwekwe gold dealer on Tuesday appeared before a Kwekwe Magistrate facing murder charges after he fatally shot a man who was playing snooker during a fight with his friends.
Canisio Misi (36) of 6269 Golden Acres, Kwekwe, who had been drinking beer with his friends, allegedly drew a pistol and fired random shots during the altercation. Misi was remanded in custody to June 4 by Kwekwe Magistrate Miss Vimbai Mtukwa.
He was advised to apply for bail at the High Court. Prosecuting, Mrs Ethel Bhumure alleged that on May 12 around 9pm, Misi was drinking beer at Yellow Snake Mine Shops in the company of friends, Spencer Pande, Farai Nengure and one Isaac.
A misunderstanding arose among them which degenerated into a fight. Misi then pulled out his CZ Pistol and fired some random shots and one of the bullets hit Brighton Muzanarwo, who was playing snooker nearby and had nothing to do with the scuffle leading to his instant death. Source – the herald