- ZNA Brighton Matura murdered his girlfriend Fungayi Tendayi and shot himself to death on Wednesday morning at Nyimo shopping centre in Sanyati.
- TWO MURDER ACCUSED INDIVIDUALS INCLUDING THE son of former Midlands Provincial Affairs minister Jason Machaya, Foster, died in a car crash on Wednesday night along the Gweru-Mvuma Road in an accident that also claimed the life of a popular Gweru gold baron who was awaiting trial for murder.
- JUST LIKE AT TSVANGIRAI'S FUNREAL IN 2018, TEMPERS ONCE AGAIN FLARED up from he rowdy, violent MDC youth in Gutu, when Khuphe, arrived to pay her last respects to the MDC Alliance leader Nelson Chamisa was burying his late mother in Gutu on Tuesday.
- THE RULING PARTY ZANU-PF YESTERDAY SAID IT WOULD DEAL HARSHLY WITH THE PLANNED PROTESTS AGAINST PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA'S government on July 31, evoking memories of killings by the army of civilians in 2018 and January last year. "To Chamisa, we say don't be a coward, you are always never found in front. If you do whatever you are threatening, come to front and face the risks," Chinamasa challenged
- FOUR PRISONERS AND ONE PRISON OFFICER at Bulawayo Prison have tested positive for Covid-19 , visitors banned countrywide, with immediate effect .
Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa has officially handed over to the Bulawayo City Council and Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development sports facilities that were refurbished by the government ahead of the African Union Sports Council (AUSC) Region 5 Under 20 Youth Games that were held in Bulawayo last December. The hosting of the AUSC youth games in Bulawayo paved way for the refurbishment of stadia and other sport facilities. The facilities which had been temporarily handed over to the games local organising committee to allow for work to be done, have since been officially handed over to their respective custodians. Officially handing over the facilities at Bulawayo city swimming pool, Vice President Mnangagwa said all the equipment acquired for the games will remain at the respective sports venues in Bulawayo. A number of companies which supplied equipment for these games are yet to be paid and Cde Mnangagwa reassured them they will be given their dues as all outstanding debts have been transferred to central government through the Ministry of Sport, Arts and Culture. Among the sporting facilities that were refurbished is Barbourfields stadium which had renovations done on the ablution facilities and changing rooms. White City stadium had a tartan track for athletics installed while an additional swimming pool was built at the Bulawayo swimming pool. Mnangagwa Bulawayo City Council Source: ZBC – Source-bulawayo24