- (ZIMTA), SAYS teachers a will now work a two-day week
- 134 MORE DOCTORS DISMISSED AFTER 77 WERE FIRED last week for absenteeism. So far 213 disciplinary hearings have been conducted and 211 doctors found guilty.
- A KAGUVI BARRACKS soldier Aaron Taurai Mlambo committed suicide using his service gun, an AK 47 rifle after shooting his wife Evelyn Madawo (24) and injuring her 41-year-old mother Nomari Madawo following a misunderstanding in Manyame Park, Chitungwiza. Paul Ngwenya
- CHIVI SOUTH MP KILLER ZIVHU pays for driving lessons for 100 sex workers and homeless people, claiming that it is training them in a skill that can empower them
- ACCIDENT: 1DEAD-MNANGAGWA'S NIECE,(ZMF) president Ms Henrieta Rushwaya was involved in an accident just outside Kwekwe
Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa has officially handed over to the Bulawayo City Council and Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development sports facilities that were refurbished by the government ahead of the African Union Sports Council (AUSC) Region 5 Under 20 Youth Games that were held in Bulawayo last December. The hosting of the AUSC youth games in Bulawayo paved way for the refurbishment of stadia and other sport facilities. The facilities which had been temporarily handed over to the games local organising committee to allow for work to be done, have since been officially handed over to their respective custodians. Officially handing over the facilities at Bulawayo city swimming pool, Vice President Mnangagwa said all the equipment acquired for the games will remain at the respective sports venues in Bulawayo. A number of companies which supplied equipment for these games are yet to be paid and Cde Mnangagwa reassured them they will be given their dues as all outstanding debts have been transferred to central government through the Ministry of Sport, Arts and Culture. Among the sporting facilities that were refurbished is Barbourfields stadium which had renovations done on the ablution facilities and changing rooms. White City stadium had a tartan track for athletics installed while an additional swimming pool was built at the Bulawayo swimming pool. Mnangagwa Bulawayo City Council Source: ZBC – Source-bulawayo24