- (ZIMTA), SAYS teachers a will now work a two-day week
- 134 MORE DOCTORS DISMISSED AFTER 77 WERE FIRED last week for absenteeism. So far 213 disciplinary hearings have been conducted and 211 doctors found guilty.
- A KAGUVI BARRACKS soldier Aaron Taurai Mlambo committed suicide using his service gun, an AK 47 rifle after shooting his wife Evelyn Madawo (24) and injuring her 41-year-old mother Nomari Madawo following a misunderstanding in Manyame Park, Chitungwiza. Paul Ngwenya
- CHIVI SOUTH MP KILLER ZIVHU pays for driving lessons for 100 sex workers and homeless people, claiming that it is training them in a skill that can empower them
- ACCIDENT: 1DEAD-MNANGAGWA'S NIECE,(ZMF) president Ms Henrieta Rushwaya was involved in an accident just outside Kwekwe
A 20-YEAR-OLD man from Nkayi has been arrested for allegedly raping an 80-year-old woman after hitting her with an iron bar.
He also attempted to steal money from her.
The man, whose name has been withheld to protect the rape victim, allegedly raped the woman in her bedroom.
He pleaded not guilty to attempted murder and rape when he appeared before Bulawayo magistrate Mr Joseph Mabeza.
The magistrate remanded him in custody to October 15 for judgment.
The court heard that the man allegedly went to the woman’s house pretending to be her son.
Prosecuting, Mr Thobekani Nyathi said on December 26 last year at around 3AM, the accused person went to the complainant’s house where he found her asleep.
“The accused person knocked on the complainant’s bedroom door and told her that he wanted his children who were sleeping in her bedroom,” he said.
The woman refused to open the door and told him to come in the morning.
“The accused person forcibly opened the door and took the complainant’s torch before demanding money from her,” Mr Nyathi said.
The woman noticed that it was not her son and tried to scream for help but the man allegedly hit the complainant on the head causing her to bleed profusely.
He allegedly raped her once.
The woman was referred to Nkayi District Hospital for medical treatment.
She suffered a deep cut due to the assault.
The matter was reported to the police leading to the accused person’s arrest.
Source – chronicle
WELCOME EVERYONE: 264,233 MEMBERS, 1000 new members a day. A Quarter of a million members, thank you for the fast growth, participation and continuos encouragement to others to join the group, and engage other progressive minded people in respectful and inclusive debate focused on information dissemination in issues that directly affect the ordinary person including human rights, good governance, accountability, transparency, housing, employment, development, girl child, equality, gender, peace, climate change, polllution, youth, freedom and more issues that directly affect the ordinary person. Information dissemination empowers the readers so that they are better placed to make well informed decisions and choices such as voting. Please feel free to add and encourage others to join.
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b ‘
or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows:
1) Zimbabwe Global News 264,233 Members
2) Newzimbabwevision.com website 24,097 likes
Followed by 12,667