- Sibusiso Moyo was on Tuesday admitted to a SA hospital for operation, days after gvt fired a third of Zimbabwe's doctors leaving millions of people without access to health care.
- (ZIMTA), SAYS teachers a will now work a two-day week
- 134 MORE DOCTORS DISMISSED AFTER 77 WERE FIRED last week for absenteeism. So far 213 disciplinary hearings have been conducted and 211 doctors found guilty.
- A KAGUVI BARRACKS soldier Aaron Taurai Mlambo committed suicide using his service gun, an AK 47 rifle after shooting his wife Evelyn Madawo (24) and injuring her 41-year-old mother Nomari Madawo following a misunderstanding in Manyame Park, Chitungwiza. Paul Ngwenya
- CHIVI SOUTH MP KILLER ZIVHU pays for driving lessons for 100 sex workers and homeless people, claiming that it is training them in a skill that can empower them
Zimbabweans who lost savings at the height of the hyperinflation in 2009 which saw the collapse of the Z$ and unofficial adoption of a multi currency system with the use of the South African Rand and US$ will be able to exchange their Z$ account balances from Monday until September 2015 at a rate of Z$175 quadrillion to US$5.
This exercise was pre empted by the intriduction of Bond coins into circulation valued at US$10million or £6,4 million but the coins have not been embraced by the Zimbabwean consumers as they fear this is a ploy to bring back the worthless Zimbabwe dollar by Robert Mugabe’s Zanu PF regime.
Mugabe’s government corruption and mismanagement of the economy fuelled the hyper inflation even though Mugabe and his state propaganda machinery have always sought to blame the west.
Many Zimbabweans will rush to do the trade tomorrow but be warned that many will go back home on foot as what they will receive will not be adequate to cover transport costs. Sibusiso Ngwenya.