- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
- 'ACCIDENT: A Guruve bound, Mhofu kombi reportedly overturned in Guruve and six people died this morning at about 8am'
Zimbabweans who lost savings at the height of the hyperinflation in 2009 which saw the collapse of the Z$ and unofficial adoption of a multi currency system with the use of the South African Rand and US$ will be able to exchange their Z$ account balances from Monday until September 2015 at a rate of Z$175 quadrillion to US$5.
This exercise was pre empted by the intriduction of Bond coins into circulation valued at US$10million or £6,4 million but the coins have not been embraced by the Zimbabwean consumers as they fear this is a ploy to bring back the worthless Zimbabwe dollar by Robert Mugabe’s Zanu PF regime.
Mugabe’s government corruption and mismanagement of the economy fuelled the hyper inflation even though Mugabe and his state propaganda machinery have always sought to blame the west.
Many Zimbabweans will rush to do the trade tomorrow but be warned that many will go back home on foot as what they will receive will not be adequate to cover transport costs. Sibusiso Ngwenya.