- ZIMBABWE WOMEN-WAKE UP!-photos here depict reality in Zimbabwe's society.
- PROMINENT Bulawayo cultural activist, Peter Zwide Kalanga Khumalo, was unveiled as King Nyamande Lobengula II
- Morgan Tsvangirai’s mother caused a scene at Robert Mugabe Square in Harare yesterday when she refused to disembark from the hearse carrying her son’s body at a send-off ceremony for MDC-T party supporters.
- MDC-T leader Mr Morgan Tsvangirai’s widow, Ms Elizabeth Macheka, did not accompany her husband’s body to Buhera for burial as pressure mounted on her from the Tsvangirai family that she should not attend the funeral.
- 'FOWL PLAY-Why did the chicken cross the road?'-UK fast food giant KFC has been forced to close 600 of its 900 branches
A Khami Prison inmate has claimed that he was ordered to escape from jail by a prison officer and gave him $300 for transport.
Innocent Chihuri told Bulawayo magistrate that a prison officer identified as Maindeyi hatched the plan to let him escape as he wanted to expose certain corrupt senior prison officers.
But his freedom was short lived and very costly.
The court heard that sometime in December last year, during a roll call it was discovered that Chihuri was missing.
A search was conducted and discovered that Chihuri had not returned after the day’s duties.
In court Chihuri revealed that he was assisted to escape.