- '180 COVID-19 DEATHS at Kettering General Hospital with three more Covid-19 deaths bringing the total now to 180 deaths'
- ZANU PF POLITICAL RE-EDUCATION-Advocate Thabani Mpofu has been detained overnight at the Rhodesville Police stn in Harare after being charged with a crime of perjury.
- AMERICA BURNS AS BLACKS FIGHT SYSTEMIC RACISM, see photos as protests spread across US over George Floyd death.
- ZANU PF WEALTH AND POWER MONOPOLY'-Mnangagwa's top bodyguard Valdano Brown, lands lucrative Covid-19 supply deals
- 14 MALAWIANS REPATRIATED BACK TO THEIR COUNTRY after staging a three-day hunger strike to protest their quarantine at Masvingo Teachers.
A Khami Prison inmate has claimed that he was ordered to escape from jail by a prison officer and gave him $300 for transport.
Innocent Chihuri told Bulawayo magistrate that a prison officer identified as Maindeyi hatched the plan to let him escape as he wanted to expose certain corrupt senior prison officers.
But his freedom was short lived and very costly.
The court heard that sometime in December last year, during a roll call it was discovered that Chihuri was missing.
A search was conducted and discovered that Chihuri had not returned after the day’s duties.
In court Chihuri revealed that he was assisted to escape.