- ‘Let down by the system’: 6stone, severely ill emaciated man deemed fit for work by Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), dies
- CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, PEACEFULLY SHUT DOWN ZIMBABWE and make it an ungovernable nation for President Emmerson Mnangagwa (76).
- ACCIDENT: 11 KILLED IN EASTER MONDAY ACCIDENT near Headlands as Sungano Yevapositori were travelling from their annual passover worship
- 'GENEVA. – DRAMATIC RISE TO 700% MEASLES IN AFRICA in the first three months of 2019' – World Health Organisation (WHO)
- PHOTOS: 'THANK YOU MNANGAGWA, Just out of courtesy, this is what US $1 Million looks like'- Wicknell Chivayo pictured with US$1 million in cash.
Reports emanating from Harare indicate that Vice President Constantino Nyikadzino Dominic Guvheya Chiwenga is in favour of former Reserve Bank Governor Gideon Gono to take over as the President of ZANU PF and of the country in 2020.
Sources close to the negotiations between the two factions aligned to Chiwenga and President Emmerson Mnangagwa and the military allege that after intense discussions conversations which took place in the past week a compromise candidate to replace Mnangagwa is seemingly being reached.
Last week online publications reported that the army had discussed with President Mnangagwa about issues relating to the economy and his stance which is seen as been soft towards the Western countries.
The reports alleged that Mnangagwa accepted to step down and hand over power to a person elected by ZANU PF during the December Conference.
A high placed source from the dreaded Central Intelligence Organisation who spoke to us said, “The past week so a lot of changes in the discussions regarding the Presidency of HE. Initially we were briefed through the MID that VP wanted to take over .
“The latest information as it stands now is that the leadership is reaching a compromise candidate that is seemingly acceptable to all and who is sellable to the international community. We have learnt that Former Governor Gono’s name has been touted as one of the people that might be given the task to take over the reigns of power.”
The source further alleged that Gono was seen as a loyal person who worked tirelessly under former President Robert Mugabe.
“Gono’s name has been touted because he is seen as a loyal person who is untainted. You will know that the shefs received loans during Gono’s time. He is also seen as a person who can bridge the gap between Mugabe’s loyalists and the second republic.
“Another thing that the conversations tried to deal with was the ethnic issues. There was a feeling that the Zezuru clique wants to take over the party again.”
President Emmerson Mnangagwa recently fired warning shots towards a mafia clique that is reported to be wanting to take over the party outside constitutional means. Source – Byo24News