- 12 killed, 72 shot , 17 emergency life-saving operations , 12 MDC MPs arrested in last week's crippling strike, welcome to Zimbabwe!
- Five killed in accident along the Chinhoyi-Chegutu road early this morning after the vehicle rolled and threw them 20 metres from the road.
- TWELVE MDC MPs ARRESTED as army and police continue crackdown on protesters
- ACTIVISTS call for five-day, shutdown protest beginning Monday. I say destroy the caucus ,or live with it till 2023, act now, dont back down!
- ZIMBABWE Congress of Trade Unions executives have gone into hiding for fear of reprisals by State security agents after last week's nationwide protests.
WICKNELL CHIVAYO: who once allegedly said in an online post ‘I’ve finally decided to marry this South African girl from the village’ and stated that ‘Zimbabwean girls are very disreslectful and stubborn, adding, as a matter of principle, no wealthy man wants a girl that has been everywhere, doing everything, with everyone’, today appeared before the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Mines and Energy to give a detailed explanation on the tender awarded to him for the Gwanda Solar Power Plant, the payment processes and the progress made so far.
The committee is wanted to hear submissions regarding the Intratek and Zimbabwe Power Company US$5 million solar power deal.
There was false start to the Intratek-ZPC power deal hearing as committee members rejected the presence of Mr Bruce Tokwe and Farai Zuva, both lawyers representing other Intratek shareholders.
The legislators said Mr Chivayo is not on trial, hence he shouldn’t bring lawyers.
However, the Chairperson of the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Mines and Energy Mr Temba Mliswa said the presence of lawyers is not a problem and they can only interject or raise a red flag if there seems to be interference.
Chivayo maintained that he hadn’t invited the lawyers, with the lawyers saying they are there for the interests of other Intratek shareholders.
Members of Parliament were also contesting the presence of ZESA Holdings members (CEO Mr Josh Chifamba and PR Manager Fullard Gwasira) in the gallery.
More details to follow….ZBC