- US SENATE calls for arms sale Saudi Arabia ban with democrats and Republicans agreeing on sanctions on Saudi Arabia because of the Jamal Khashoggi murder at the Saudi Embassy in Turkey.
- FESTIVE SEASON ACCIDENTS: At least 40 people died last night after a Brooklyn bus from Zvishavane to the South Africa Musina exploded into flames on Thursday night.
- CHAMISA 'brands supporters as “stupid” for undertaking an unnecessary demonstration that resulted in the death of 6 people' and damage to property on 1 August 2018.
- CARLIFORNIA WILDFIRES -63 DEAD, 600 MISSING-The death toll continues to rise in Carlifornia where two major fires are still burning and several fires have been contained.
- SHOCKING: MNANGAGWA leads destruction of Christianity by endorsing the Korean cult led by Hak Ja Han Moon, allegedly 'the only-begotten daughter of God, and True Mother,the new messiah replacing Jesus '
WICKNELL CHIVAYO: who once allegedly said in an online post ‘I’ve finally decided to marry this South African girl from the village’ and stated that ‘Zimbabwean girls are very disreslectful and stubborn, adding, as a matter of principle, no wealthy man wants a girl that has been everywhere, doing everything, with everyone’, today appeared before the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Mines and Energy to give a detailed explanation on the tender awarded to him for the Gwanda Solar Power Plant, the payment processes and the progress made so far.
The committee is wanted to hear submissions regarding the Intratek and Zimbabwe Power Company US$5 million solar power deal.
There was false start to the Intratek-ZPC power deal hearing as committee members rejected the presence of Mr Bruce Tokwe and Farai Zuva, both lawyers representing other Intratek shareholders.
The legislators said Mr Chivayo is not on trial, hence he shouldn’t bring lawyers.
However, the Chairperson of the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Mines and Energy Mr Temba Mliswa said the presence of lawyers is not a problem and they can only interject or raise a red flag if there seems to be interference.
Chivayo maintained that he hadn’t invited the lawyers, with the lawyers saying they are there for the interests of other Intratek shareholders.
Members of Parliament were also contesting the presence of ZESA Holdings members (CEO Mr Josh Chifamba and PR Manager Fullard Gwasira) in the gallery.
More details to follow….ZBC