- 'IT WILL BE MANDATORY FOR newly qualified teachers to know at least four of the 16 Zimbabwe’s official languages'-Professor Amon Murwira
- ' MDC protests were banned, because of MDC-Alliance’s incitement of violence and contraband of catapults and stones'-Sibusiso Moyo
- MDC PLEADS WITH International community to haul Mnangagwa to the ICC over human rights abuses
- Kambarami abducted ,dreadlocks shaved off with glass, MDC chair Tabitha and 7 others arrested, ex VP, Mphoko fled Zacc at high speed, Ndiweni jailed 18 months
- MDC chair Khumalo, Senator Zivira and six other party activists to appear in court today for accusing Mnangagwa of stealing the 30 July 2018 elections.
Zanu PF minister on Saturday pledged to avail 900 hectares of land to construct more than 20 000 housing units for youths in Bulawayo.
Addressing thousands of Zanu-PF youths during a Bulawayo youth empowerment rally held in the city yesterday, Local Government Minister and Zanu PF national political commissar Saviour Kasukuwere announced that his ministry will be rolling out the first 300 hectares this year and construction of housing units expected to commence by year end.
“One thing which I must assure you is that we are a party of action which is why today I am announcing that I will be giving you 300 hectares of land, which will be enough for about 20 000 residential stands. I promise you that this land will be serviced by end of this year. This will be a first in Zimbabwe as it will be the first ever Youth Township as all these stands will be given to youths, no one else.
“On Monday (tomorrow) I will instruct my Permanent Secretary to come here, meet Bulawayo Provincial Affairs Minister (Nomthandazo Eunice Moyo) and the directive will be served to the Bulawayo City Council. When this first phase is completed I will avail a further 900 hectares,” said Minister Kasukuwere.
He said the youths will not pay for the planning and drawing process as that would be done free of charge by his ministry.
Minister of Macro-Economic Planning and Investment Promotion, Dr Obert Mpofu also promised the Bulawayo youths that he will be availing land for them to have homesteads in Umguza.
“Most of you might think that all this is a gimmick but I must assure you that what Minister Kasukuwere said and what I just said is the truth, we want to show people out there that we are indeed a party of action,” said Dr Mpofu.
Zanu-PF National Deputy Secretary for Youth Affairs, Kudzai Chipanga challenged the ministers saying youths were now tired of living as lodgers.
“Come 2018 when we vote we want to be going to the various polling stations from our own homes, we don’t want to go there as lodgers, we want our own properties and land,” said Chipanga. Source: Sunday News
photo Saviour Kasukuwere