- CHAMISA HAS DISMISSED 145 MDC employees security personnel, directors, coordinators and office orderly who were recruited by Morgan Tsvangirai
- A HARARE woman Stella Kwanisai (31), claimed maintenance from two men for the same child using two birth certificates.
- SIX POACHERS JAILED NINE YEARS EACH for illegal possession of two pieces of ivory weighing 37 kg worth US$9 250.
- ZANU PF YOUTH LEAGUE HAS ANNOUNCED the suspension of former home affairs minister, Obert Mpofu and banned him along with several others from Zanu pf offices.
- FINANCE MINISTER MTHULI NCUBE has outlawed the use of US Dollar, Rand and all foreign currency as legal tender with effect from today, the 24th June 2019.
BOTSWANA: Decriminalises homosexuality as court declares, Sexual orientation is innate to human beings and is not a fashion statement.
LGBTQI community scored a victory in Botswana after the Gaborone high court on Tuesday ruled that sections of the law that criminalises same-sex sexual conduct are unconstitutional.
The court said Section 164 of Botswana’s Penal Code interferes with the applicant’s right to privacy and that Sexual orientation is innate to human beings and is not a fashion statement.
The court added that sodomy laws deserve a place in the museum or archives and not in the world.
Zimbabwe is one of the countries in Africa that have constitutional segregation against homosexuality. More to follow…Source – Byo24