- 'COURT UPHOLDS charges against this flag Mawarire, trade unionists Mutasa and Moyo, of trying to subvert a constitutionally elected government'
- SADC REGION DECLARE 25 th October as solidarity day against sanctions on Zimbabwe , and war vets recommend anti-sanctions holiday on 25 th October
- ' A BULAWAYO TOUT (33) KILLED his cousin (40) with an iron bar and broomstick then reported to police that he had found him dead.'
- ZANU PF dep youth league leader Matutu says Prof Moyo has lost relevance and is a useless and permanent fugitive.
- Coltart says Mnangagwa's intensifying of crackdown against the opposition, use of brute force to crush people's dissent indicates gvt fear of the new wave
JOTSHOLO: An eight-year-old boy turned saviour for his blind 85-year-old granny when he acted swiftly and sunk his teeth on the back of a neighbour who was raping the elderly woman at night.
Waking from a deep slumber to find his grandmother screaming for help, the boy wasted no time as he quickly bit the rapist on the back causing him to flee.
Ndabezinhle Ndlovu, 22, of Jabatshaba area in Jotsholo confessed in court that he stopped raping the old woman when somebody bit him on the back.
He said he thought he was having sex with his wife, as he tried to buy the court’s leniency.
“I was coming from a beer drink and lost my way because I was drunk. I thought I had entered my house your worship and having sex with my wife.
“I only stopped when someone bit me on the back and I escaped,” he told the court as he admitted to the rape crime.
Hwange regional magistrate Dambudzo Malunga sentenced Ndlovu to 12 years in jail.
Prosecutor Tawanda Sigauke said the rape occurred on July 6 this year at the elderly woman’s homestead.
“At 2am, Ndlovu pushed open the door to gain entry. He entered the elderly woman’s blankets where he forcibly removed her panties and started having sex with her,” said the prosecutor.
He said the woman screamed for help, which woke her grandson who was sleeping in separate blankets on the floor.
“The grandson went straight to the bed and bit the rapist on his back,” the court was told.
The matter was reported to the police and investigations led to arrest of Ndlovu.
The rapist was also treated after he sustained injuries following the boy’s attack. source-newzimbabwe