- 'WIFI FOR GOATS, sphaghetti roads 40 min flight to Harare yet MDC local roads are a mess under illegitimate MDC president Chamisa'-VP Chiwenga
- PARLIAMENT business ground to an abrupt halt yesterday after MDC MPs were evicted from Harare hotel rooms to pave way for Zanu PF delegates booked in the same facilities for the duration of their party conference in Goromonzi, 32km south-east of the capital.
- 'ILLEGITIMATE President Mnangagwa has removed Chief Ndiweni, blocked his allowances and ordered that his vehicle must be withdrawn from him as he is not the legitimate Chief'
- Members of the Zimbabwe Republic Police are reported to have gone on the rampage as randomly assaulting the public in Harare on Thursday night Human Rights Lawyer Douglas Coltart has reported.
- Faced with food shortage, drugs and medical and psychiatric doctors, Ingutsheni mental health hospital in Bulawayo will tomorrow get an early Christimas after a group of well-wishers promised to donate goods to the institution.
JOTSHOLO: An eight-year-old boy turned saviour for his blind 85-year-old granny when he acted swiftly and sunk his teeth on the back of a neighbour who was raping the elderly woman at night.
Waking from a deep slumber to find his grandmother screaming for help, the boy wasted no time as he quickly bit the rapist on the back causing him to flee.
Ndabezinhle Ndlovu, 22, of Jabatshaba area in Jotsholo confessed in court that he stopped raping the old woman when somebody bit him on the back.
He said he thought he was having sex with his wife, as he tried to buy the court’s leniency.
“I was coming from a beer drink and lost my way because I was drunk. I thought I had entered my house your worship and having sex with my wife.
“I only stopped when someone bit me on the back and I escaped,” he told the court as he admitted to the rape crime.
Hwange regional magistrate Dambudzo Malunga sentenced Ndlovu to 12 years in jail.
Prosecutor Tawanda Sigauke said the rape occurred on July 6 this year at the elderly woman’s homestead.
“At 2am, Ndlovu pushed open the door to gain entry. He entered the elderly woman’s blankets where he forcibly removed her panties and started having sex with her,” said the prosecutor.
He said the woman screamed for help, which woke her grandson who was sleeping in separate blankets on the floor.
“The grandson went straight to the bed and bit the rapist on his back,” the court was told.
The matter was reported to the police and investigations led to arrest of Ndlovu.
The rapist was also treated after he sustained injuries following the boy’s attack. source-newzimbabwe