- 'COURT UPHOLDS charges against this flag Mawarire, trade unionists Mutasa and Moyo, of trying to subvert a constitutionally elected government'
- SADC REGION DECLARE 25 th October as solidarity day against sanctions on Zimbabwe , and war vets recommend anti-sanctions holiday on 25 th October
- ' A BULAWAYO TOUT (33) KILLED his cousin (40) with an iron bar and broomstick then reported to police that he had found him dead.'
- ZANU PF dep youth league leader Matutu says Prof Moyo has lost relevance and is a useless and permanent fugitive.
- Coltart says Mnangagwa's intensifying of crackdown against the opposition, use of brute force to crush people's dissent indicates gvt fear of the new wave
“I would like to inform the Senate that on June 11, I was notified by Zanu-PF that both Calisto Dzikamai Mavhaire [Masvingo Province senator] and Olivia Nyembezi Muchena [Mashonaland East Province senator] have ceased to be members of the Zanu-PF party, and therefore, no longer represent the interests of the party in Parliament,” Madzongwe said.
“Consequently, vacancies have arisen in Masvingo and Mashonaland East provinces by operation of the law, and the necessary administrative measures will be taken to inform the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC) of the existence of the vacancies in line with Section 39 (3) of the Electoral Act as amended.”
She said the two had been affected by provisions of Section 129 (1) (k) of the Constitution which provided that the seat of an MP becomes vacant if the member ceased to belong to Parliament and after a written notification by the political party concerned.
The expulsion of the former Zanu-PF Masvingo political godfather and Muchena brought to seven the number of Zanu-PF MPs so far fired this year for their alleged links to Mujuru.