- CIVIL SERVANTS REJECT 76% salary hike to (RTGS1 000 /US10 per month as meaningless against the inflation in Zimbabwe
- CHAMISA , Crown Council leader Ncube, Social Democracy Forum and Ibhetshu lika Zulu SG Fuzwayo visit Ndiweni at Khami prison
- MATEBELELAND, MUST stay loyal to founding father Joshua Nkomo, and vote Zanu-PF, says SK Moyo
- 'Zimbabweans don’t read are ill informed: US sanctions are not for human rights violations but super power interests'-Trevor Ncube (AMH)Alpha Media Holdings boss
- BREAKING NEWS: LAWYER COLTART ARRESTED with protesting Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe leaders
FIRE damaged Parirenyatwa Hospital theatre wards today destroying equipment, drugs and patients’ records forcing evacuation of babies and expecting mothers
A fire suspected to have been caused by an electrical fault gutted part of Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals this Saturday afternoon, damaging part of the hospital’s theatre wards.
Patients at Mbuya Nehanda Maternity Hospital, part of Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals, were left in shock when the fire broke out, destroying part of the hospital’s theatre, some equipment, drugs and patients’ records.
There were no casualties though as staff and visitors at the hospital managed to evacuate babies and expecting mothers while the City Fire Department were also on the scene quite early.
The fire incident comes just a day after President Emmerson Mnangagwa visited the hospital on Friday during the national clean-up campaign, where he said there is a lot that needs to be fixed at the hospital. Source – zbc