- Disco queen, Patricia Majalisa, the Akulalwa Ziyawa hit maker a darling of Zimbabwe and Botswana, has died.
- BETWEEN 50 000 AND 100 000 ZIMBABWEANS WILL DIE OF CORONAVIRUS in the next months, Bulawayo Mpilo Clinical Director Solwayo Ngwenya has foretold.
- INFORMATION MINISTRY PERMANANT SECRETARY NICK MANGWANA has hinted at a total lockdown of Harare and Bulawayo following a spike in Covid-19 positive cases in the two cities.
- A SENIOR Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) Bulawayo, manager died on Sunday after being diagnosed with Coronavirus.
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER, NELSON CHAMISA IN media backlash after addressing his inaugural e-rally using Shona language and failing to be inclusive. on Sunday.
FIRE damaged Parirenyatwa Hospital theatre wards today destroying equipment, drugs and patients’ records forcing evacuation of babies and expecting mothers
A fire suspected to have been caused by an electrical fault gutted part of Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals this Saturday afternoon, damaging part of the hospital’s theatre wards.
Patients at Mbuya Nehanda Maternity Hospital, part of Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals, were left in shock when the fire broke out, destroying part of the hospital’s theatre, some equipment, drugs and patients’ records.
There were no casualties though as staff and visitors at the hospital managed to evacuate babies and expecting mothers while the City Fire Department were also on the scene quite early.
The fire incident comes just a day after President Emmerson Mnangagwa visited the hospital on Friday during the national clean-up campaign, where he said there is a lot that needs to be fixed at the hospital. Source – zbc