- ‘Let down by the system’: 6stone, severely ill emaciated man deemed fit for work by Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), dies
- CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, PEACEFULLY SHUT DOWN ZIMBABWE and make it an ungovernable nation for President Emmerson Mnangagwa (76).
- ACCIDENT: 11 KILLED IN EASTER MONDAY ACCIDENT near Headlands as Sungano Yevapositori were travelling from their annual passover worship
- 'GENEVA. – DRAMATIC RISE TO 700% MEASLES IN AFRICA in the first three months of 2019' – World Health Organisation (WHO)
- PHOTOS: 'THANK YOU MNANGAGWA, Just out of courtesy, this is what US $1 Million looks like'- Wicknell Chivayo pictured with US$1 million in cash.
FIRE damaged Parirenyatwa Hospital theatre wards today destroying equipment, drugs and patients’ records forcing evacuation of babies and expecting mothers
A fire suspected to have been caused by an electrical fault gutted part of Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals this Saturday afternoon, damaging part of the hospital’s theatre wards.
Patients at Mbuya Nehanda Maternity Hospital, part of Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals, were left in shock when the fire broke out, destroying part of the hospital’s theatre, some equipment, drugs and patients’ records.
There were no casualties though as staff and visitors at the hospital managed to evacuate babies and expecting mothers while the City Fire Department were also on the scene quite early.
The fire incident comes just a day after President Emmerson Mnangagwa visited the hospital on Friday during the national clean-up campaign, where he said there is a lot that needs to be fixed at the hospital. Source – zbc