- A SENIOR SCOTLAND YARD officer has been convicted of possessing a video showing a child being sexually abused.
- Swedish prosecutors drop their preliminary investigation into rape allegation against WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, ending a seven-year legal standoff.
- BULAWAYO BULLY BOY (16) arrested for allegedly demanding protection fee and stabbing another boy (16) thrice with an Okapi knife
- Johanne Masowe eChishanu apostolic sect leader Edward Manyara (67) has died in an accident at Maplanka area, along the Harare-Bulawayo Highway.
- PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA APPOINTS two new Permanent Secretaries, Engineer Silibaziso Chizwina and Dr John Basera
FIRE damaged Parirenyatwa Hospital theatre wards today destroying equipment, drugs and patients’ records forcing evacuation of babies and expecting mothers
A fire suspected to have been caused by an electrical fault gutted part of Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals this Saturday afternoon, damaging part of the hospital’s theatre wards.
Patients at Mbuya Nehanda Maternity Hospital, part of Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals, were left in shock when the fire broke out, destroying part of the hospital’s theatre, some equipment, drugs and patients’ records.
There were no casualties though as staff and visitors at the hospital managed to evacuate babies and expecting mothers while the City Fire Department were also on the scene quite early.
The fire incident comes just a day after President Emmerson Mnangagwa visited the hospital on Friday during the national clean-up campaign, where he said there is a lot that needs to be fixed at the hospital. Source – zbc