- ESTRANGED WIFE OF BRIG GEN MUTISI , ex Zim Consolidated Diamond Company (ZCDC) audit executive Dr Cleopatra Mutisi is facing murder charges
- AT LEAST SIX BILLS, lapsed after the august House failed to debate and pass them and dozed off during the First Session of the Ninth Parliament.
- MDC SEEKS HIGH COURT ORDER TO INTERDICT Home Affairs minister Mathema, Police Com-Gen Matanga and Officer Commanding Police Harare Central District from threatening the MDC party’s employees and interfering with the MDC business at Morgan Richard Tsvangirai House in Harare.
- DOCTORS AGAINST CONTROVERSIAL CORONERS OFFICE BILL AS IT VIOLATES their independence of conducting post-mortems without duress, ministerial directives and gives room to false reports
- TENDA BUS SERVICE OWNER, ERNEST MUNGWARI (72) arrested on allegations of obstructing the police and Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) officials from confiscating goods smuggled into the country.
FORMER Warriors coach Rahman Gumbo was on Thursday relieved of his duties as Gaborone United coach following a string of poor results. Gumbo, who joined Gaborone United in June 2014, left the capital city side in eighth place with 15 points after 11 matches, 12 points behind pacesetters Township Rollers. Last Tuesday’s 1-0 defeat to Botswana Defence Forces XI, which came five days after a 0-4 loss to Nico, could have marked the end of Gumbo’s tenure. “The management met and since the results weren’t forthcoming, the coach was relieved of his duties,” Gaborone United spokesman Michael Mafutlhe told Botswana’s publication, Mmegi. The club’s technical director, Draglo Stanlojovic, took charge of Gaborone United’s Saturday game against Galaxy FC, whom they beat 2-1 Gumbo is one of the coaches, who have been linked with the vacant How Mine coaching job. Gumbo, a multi-championship winning coach, ex-Chicken Inn and ex-Bantu Rovers coach Mandla Mpofu, national team gaffer Callisto Pasuwa as well as Harare City assistant coach Mkhuphali Masuku are among coaches that How Mine are reportedly considering. The goldminers are also rumoured to be keen on reuniting with their former coach Philani “Beefy” Ncube, who has just won the Southern Region Soccer League championship with Bulawayo City FC. Jeremiah Makota and Usheunesu Chaka have been tasked with the responsibility of leading How Mine until the end of the season. How Mine chairman Alpha Matumbura yesterday maintained the club’s stance that they were in no hurry to appoint a substantive coach. “Our position is still the same as it was a few weeks back. We’ll only appoint a substantive coach at the end of the season when we make a review and plan for the coming season. There are a number of people who’ve sent their profiles, but at the moment we’re content with Makota and Chaka. It’s only fair that we allow these guys to prove themselves,” said Matumbura. Source: chronicle