- ZIMBABWEAN TWINS, JAILED 14 AND 15 YEARS FOR RAPING AND SEXUALLY ASSAULTING an 11-year-old girl over a period of several months in UK
- ARTISANAL MINERS, ATTACKED AND INJURED EIGHT PEOPLE WITH MACHETES IN ESIGODINI IN A a three-day gold war that saw two alleged gold barons being arrested.
- SO , ZEC CHAIRPERSON JUSTICE PRISCILLA CHIGUMBA HAS A SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH ZANU PF CABINET MINISTER Winston Chitando. This presents a clear conflict of interest: if Zanu PF loses the election her lover will lose his job. She must do the right thing and resign. Ndatenda
- DOMBOSHAVA MAN ( 38) ARRESTED FOR ALLEGEDLY ATTEMPTING to kill his three children by poisoning them.
- BULAWAYO MAN ARRESTED FOR ASSAULTING WIFE AND SHAVING HER HEAD WITH AN OKAPI KNIFE after she followed him to a sports bet shop to stop him from "wasting money."
FORMER Warriors coach Rahman Gumbo was on Thursday relieved of his duties as Gaborone United coach following a string of poor results. Gumbo, who joined Gaborone United in June 2014, left the capital city side in eighth place with 15 points after 11 matches, 12 points behind pacesetters Township Rollers. Last Tuesday’s 1-0 defeat to Botswana Defence Forces XI, which came five days after a 0-4 loss to Nico, could have marked the end of Gumbo’s tenure. “The management met and since the results weren’t forthcoming, the coach was relieved of his duties,” Gaborone United spokesman Michael Mafutlhe told Botswana’s publication, Mmegi. The club’s technical director, Draglo Stanlojovic, took charge of Gaborone United’s Saturday game against Galaxy FC, whom they beat 2-1 Gumbo is one of the coaches, who have been linked with the vacant How Mine coaching job. Gumbo, a multi-championship winning coach, ex-Chicken Inn and ex-Bantu Rovers coach Mandla Mpofu, national team gaffer Callisto Pasuwa as well as Harare City assistant coach Mkhuphali Masuku are among coaches that How Mine are reportedly considering. The goldminers are also rumoured to be keen on reuniting with their former coach Philani “Beefy” Ncube, who has just won the Southern Region Soccer League championship with Bulawayo City FC. Jeremiah Makota and Usheunesu Chaka have been tasked with the responsibility of leading How Mine until the end of the season. How Mine chairman Alpha Matumbura yesterday maintained the club’s stance that they were in no hurry to appoint a substantive coach. “Our position is still the same as it was a few weeks back. We’ll only appoint a substantive coach at the end of the season when we make a review and plan for the coming season. There are a number of people who’ve sent their profiles, but at the moment we’re content with Makota and Chaka. It’s only fair that we allow these guys to prove themselves,” said Matumbura. Source: chronicle