- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT STRIPS PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA OF POWERS to appoint and remove the Vice Presidents after it delivered a landmark ruling wherein it declared as unconstitutional the legality of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.1) Act
- CORONAVIRUS: Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital nurses recently fled after 2 suspected Covid-19 cases in fear of infection due to lack of protective clothing.
- 'CORONAVIRUS UK: UK COULD BE COMPENSATED AS MUCH AS £351billion by China after more than one million people globally, has cost the G7 group of nations including the UK, US and Japan a huge £3.2 trillion'
- 46 AFRICAN STATES HAVE REPORTED 9 198 positive cases and 414 deaths, besides SA and Egypt all reported over 100 cases
- EBOLA , (BSE)/mad cow disease, now Corona Virus from Covid affecting the whole globe-source meat..hmn-
A Harare man has been arrested on allegations of pouring paraffin on his seven-year-old daughter’s private parts as punishment for testifying against him in court.
According to the police, the mother of the child recently approached the Civil Court to seek a protection order against her 36-year-old husband, whom she accused of physical and verbal abuse in the presence of their two daughters.
She was granted the order after the daughter testified against the father.
Harare police spokesperson Assistant Inspector Simon Chazovachiyi said after the court process, the father went “home heavily drunk and demanded answers from the daughter over why she told the court about what was happening in the family”.
Police say the daughter remained silent prompting Mhlahla to pour paraffin on her privates, resulting in the girl sustaining some blisters.
The mother made a police report leading to the man’s arrest.
He is being held at Mabvuku Police Station and should appear in court this week. – Source-bulawayo24.