- BREXIT: 670.000 MARCH IN LONDON...an estimated 670,000 people marched today in an anti Brexit London march.
- CAMEROON COURT REJECTS all legal objections to the presidential polls in Yaounde.
- 'DEMOCRACY? '-MDC NATIONAL organising secretary Amos Chibaya has slammed the door shut on wannabe presidents, saying Nelson Chamisa will go uncontested.
- ZIMBABWE MAJOR CRACKDOWN ON FOREX DEALERS to net Zanu pf bigwigs top executives in banks, companies and State institutions.
- 'ZIMBABWE'S RESETTLED FARMERS will no longer get free assistance from government, such as seed, fertiliser, diesel and tractors amongst other agricultural inputs, as the command agriculture programme is "riddled with corruption'-Zimbabwe's minister of finance Mthuli Ncube
Zanu-PF sources said this week the provincial joint operation command (Joc) chaired by Provincial Affairs minister Martin Dinha resolved to force the artisanal miners out of the goldfields by Thursday.
“In its disaster management committee meeting Joc was advised by the Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Authority (Zesa) to push for the removal of the gold panners who have left a trail of environmental destruction,” a source said.
Sources also said riot police would be called in if the miners refuse to leave.
The eviction of artisanal miners also comes against the backdrop of the on-going vendors’ saga where Local Government minister Ignatius Chombo, backed by Harare’s Joc, also issued an ultimatum for vendors to leave the city centre by today. Source: independent