- 'MLISWA admits he looked after ZANUPF Political Commissar, another armed mercenary who campaigned for him through intimidation '
- 'PHD didnt pay tax on mega millions from church regalia, "anointing oil" and "holy water" sales and Yadah Hotel'- Harare magistrate court
- AUTHOR Dr Charles Lovemore Mungoshi (71) in the early hours of today at Parirenyatwa Hospital after battling illness for nearly a decade.
- 'MTHULI NCUBE AND JOHN MANDUDYA DISAGREEMENT on re introduction of Zimdollar currency'
- DOCTOR (49) married two months fleeced of US $100,000 never lived together-Love/Zim Con?
Zanu-PF sources said this week the provincial joint operation command (Joc) chaired by Provincial Affairs minister Martin Dinha resolved to force the artisanal miners out of the goldfields by Thursday.
“In its disaster management committee meeting Joc was advised by the Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Authority (Zesa) to push for the removal of the gold panners who have left a trail of environmental destruction,” a source said.
Sources also said riot police would be called in if the miners refuse to leave.
The eviction of artisanal miners also comes against the backdrop of the on-going vendors’ saga where Local Government minister Ignatius Chombo, backed by Harare’s Joc, also issued an ultimatum for vendors to leave the city centre by today. Source: independent