- BULAWAYO to end refuse collection from Mahatshula, Woodville, Killarney, Emhlangeni and parts of the CBD due to fuel shortages
- DUMISO DABENGWA'S MOTHER was shot dead in cold blood Rhodesian Special Branch forces in 1978 in Gwatemba
- Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals gives an update on explosion at Parirenyatwa hospital
- EX- (Zinara) boss Chitukutuku's US$20m assets frozen as he is given a 30-day ultimatum to account for everything by High Court judge Justice Erica Ndewere
- Tearful Britains 2nd female PM, Theresa May will resign as Prime Minister and Conservative Party leader on 7 June 2019.
Maverick businessman Wicknell Chivayo has responded to the news Minister of Energy and Power Development Fortune Chasi who has said he wants to recover the USD$5 million that was advanced to Chivayo’s company for the Gwanda solar plant.
Said Chivayo, “Hon Minister Chibabest is not only a very Senior Advocate but a seasoned level headed politician of unquestionable integrity. When he’s fully briefed of the correct facts on the ground I’m optimistic and confident he will come up with a different conclusion based on an informed position. I can only but celebrate that with a pragmatic Minister like him “against all odds” success of the project is inevitable.”
On Thursday Chasi called on ZESA management to do everything to ensure that the money was recovered.
Minister Chasi said even if the courts have exonerated the company and its director Wicknell Chivayo, Government needs the money recovered at all cost. Source – Byo24News