- 12 killed, 72 shot , 17 emergency life-saving operations , 12 MDC MPs arrested in last week's crippling strike, welcome to Zimbabwe!
- Five killed in accident along the Chinhoyi-Chegutu road early this morning after the vehicle rolled and threw them 20 metres from the road.
- TWELVE MDC MPs ARRESTED as army and police continue crackdown on protesters
- ACTIVISTS call for five-day, shutdown protest beginning Monday. I say destroy the caucus ,or live with it till 2023, act now, dont back down!
- ZIMBABWE Congress of Trade Unions executives have gone into hiding for fear of reprisals by State security agents after last week's nationwide protests.
MDC Alliance presidential candidate Nelson Chamisa has pledged improved living standards for the country’s servicemen and to depoliticise the national spy agency which he says has been abused to torment opposition activists by the Zanu-PF regime.
Speaking during the launch of the MDC Alliance manifesto on Thursday, the 40-year-old presidential hopeful said it would be taboo under his government to find uniformed soldiers travelling to work on open trucks.
“We will respect our institutions. The soldiers are going to enjoy life,” he said, adding, “There is no soldier who is supposed to travel on the back of an open truck.
“Because by putting on a service uniform, you are carrying the country’s dignity on yourself. It’s an insult.
“A soldier should eat well, earn well, dress well and also show genuine love.”
In his address, Chamisa said his government will re-orient the country’s central intelligence towards matters of national and not partisan interest.Source – newzimbabwe,