- INTERAFRICA BUS FROM BULAWAYO MUTARE; -An Interafrica bus from Bulawayo to Mutare was involved in a head on collision with a UD truck yesterday near Masvingo and six people were killed.
- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
MDC Alliance presidential candidate Nelson Chamisa has pledged improved living standards for the country’s servicemen and to depoliticise the national spy agency which he says has been abused to torment opposition activists by the Zanu-PF regime.
Speaking during the launch of the MDC Alliance manifesto on Thursday, the 40-year-old presidential hopeful said it would be taboo under his government to find uniformed soldiers travelling to work on open trucks.
“We will respect our institutions. The soldiers are going to enjoy life,” he said, adding, “There is no soldier who is supposed to travel on the back of an open truck.
“Because by putting on a service uniform, you are carrying the country’s dignity on yourself. It’s an insult.
“A soldier should eat well, earn well, dress well and also show genuine love.”
In his address, Chamisa said his government will re-orient the country’s central intelligence towards matters of national and not partisan interest.Source – newzimbabwe,