- ‘Let down by the system’: 6stone, severely ill emaciated man deemed fit for work by Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), dies
- CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, PEACEFULLY SHUT DOWN ZIMBABWE and make it an ungovernable nation for President Emmerson Mnangagwa (76).
- ACCIDENT: 11 KILLED IN EASTER MONDAY ACCIDENT near Headlands as Sungano Yevapositori were travelling from their annual passover worship
- 'GENEVA. – DRAMATIC RISE TO 700% MEASLES IN AFRICA in the first three months of 2019' – World Health Organisation (WHO)
- PHOTOS: 'THANK YOU MNANGAGWA, Just out of courtesy, this is what US $1 Million looks like'- Wicknell Chivayo pictured with US$1 million in cash.
MDC Alliance presidential candidate Nelson Chamisa has pledged improved living standards for the country’s servicemen and to depoliticise the national spy agency which he says has been abused to torment opposition activists by the Zanu-PF regime.
Speaking during the launch of the MDC Alliance manifesto on Thursday, the 40-year-old presidential hopeful said it would be taboo under his government to find uniformed soldiers travelling to work on open trucks.
“We will respect our institutions. The soldiers are going to enjoy life,” he said, adding, “There is no soldier who is supposed to travel on the back of an open truck.
“Because by putting on a service uniform, you are carrying the country’s dignity on yourself. It’s an insult.
“A soldier should eat well, earn well, dress well and also show genuine love.”
In his address, Chamisa said his government will re-orient the country’s central intelligence towards matters of national and not partisan interest.Source – newzimbabwe,