- Nine people died in an accident between a Greenfuel sugar cane truck and a kombi in Manzvire, 10km from Checheche, Manicaland today, with 17 passengers instead of the authorised 15 passengers.
- ACCIDENT: AN INTERCAPE BUS from Johannesburg South Africa to Malawi overturned this morning in Nyanda, about 15 kilometres from Masvingo.
- GEORGE HW BUSH, Ex US PRESIDENT (94), father of George W Bush, has died aged 94.
- LABOUR MP LlOYD RUSSELL-MOYLE HAS TOLD told the House of Commons he is HIV positive during a debate about World AIDs Day.
- INFORMATION IS POWER!-Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,
T-SHIRTS “I am the dissident that the Fifth Brigade was looking for” popular in Bulawayo as activists label themselves dissidents
Secessionist movement Mthwakazi Republic Party (MRP) activists have taken their Gukurahundi advocacy to another level after they unveiled T-shirts labelling themselves dissidents to the government.
The T-shirts inscribed “I am the dissident that the Fifth Brigade was looking for” are now common in town as the activists seek to send a bold message to President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s government.
One of the activists who have been proudly wearing the T-shirts is Wisdom Mkhwananzi who made headlines last month after he was arrested for undermining and insulting Mnangagwa while testifying during the commission of inquiry on the post 2018 harmonised elections violence which occurred in Harare.
He had claimed Mnangagwa killed his parents during the Gukurahundi atrocities
“By wearing these T-shirts, we are simply reminding perpetrators of Gukurahundi that the atrocities will be stuck with generations to come for years.
“We will not be silenced over this issue. Some of us are orphans because of Gukurahundi,” Mkhwananzi said. T-SHIRTS
Source – dailynews