- ZIMBABWE HAS BEEN RANKED AS THE most "repressed" State globally amid concerns over a shrinking democratic space in the country
- CITY OF HARARE SERVICE MANAGER shoots man in the head during Warren Park bar row
- MAN shot dead in break-in at Central Intelligence Organisation deputy director Gatsha Mazithulela, Harare Home.
- BRIGADIER CHARLES KANETA (64) has died
- BREAKING NEWS:-The Queen has died
According to Dokora, the recruitment drive has the blessing of Finance Minister, Patrick Chinamasa.
“I had a fruitful meeting with Finance and Economic Development Minister Patrick Chinamasa, and he is supportive of the education sector.
“When schools open (next term), 10 000 teachers will come on board. The CSC has already been given the green light (to recruit them)”.
Government statistics show that 98 263 out of 117 490 practising teachers were trained.
Zimbabwe has 2 374 secondary and 5 805 primary schools with an enrolment of nearly four million.
According to Dokora, qualified ECD teachers were on demand following the expansion of lower level education since 2013 and the introduction of the new curriculum.
About 4 000 qualified teachers and university graduates who majored in non-teaching disciplines are tutoring 427 826 ECD pupils. Source – Byo24News