- A 19-YEAR-OLD BULAWAYO DOMESTIC WORKER FOUGHT OFF two knife-wielding men and sent them fleeing after they broke into a house and tried to rape her and her employer's daughters aged seven and 14 years,
- MDC-T National Council, the Supreme-decision-making body in between Congresses met today deliberated on key issues affecting the partyand fired the MDC T Vice President Thokozani Khuphe
- MUGABE:-BLAME NDEBELES, ZAPU AND ZIPRA FOR GUKURAHUNDI
- The Progressive Teachers Union of Zimbabwe (PTUZ) Secretary - General Mr Raymond Majongwe has threatened to take the government to court for failing to address hunger and schooling equipment for school children after 38 years of independence.
- MDC-T NATIONAL CHAIRMAN LOVEMORE MOYO, YESTERDAY QUIT BOTH HIS POSITION AND MDC T PARTY citing, among other issues, what he called the unconstitutional power grab by leader Mr Nelson Chamisa.
The president has reahuffled Zimbabwes cabinet in terms of Sections 100 (200) (c) and (d) of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No. 20), and re-assigned Ministers as follows;
1. Hon. Dr. I.M.C. Chombo, Minister of Finance and Economic Development.
2. Hon. P.A. Chinamasa, Minister of Cyber Security, ‘Threat Detection and Mitigation.
3. Hon. W. Mzembi, Minister of Foreign Affairs.
4. Hon. O.M. Mpofu, Minister of Home Affairs.
5. Hon. S.S. Mumbengegwi, Minister of Macro-economic Planning and Investment Promotion.
6. Hon. P. Zhuwao, Minister of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare.
7. Hon. S. Kasukuwere, Minister of Local Government, Rural Development and National Housing.
8. Hon S.K. Moyo, Minister of Media, Information and Broadcasting
9. Hon. CC. Mushohwe, Minister State in the President’s Office Responsible for National Scholarships.
10. Hon. M. Hlongwane, Minister of Sport, Recreation, A. and Culture.
The commander in chief of defense firces Mugabe also made the following new appointments
11. Hon E. Mbwembwe, Minister of Tourism, Environment and Hospitality Industry.
12. Hon. Major General (rtd) H.M. Bonyongwe, Minister of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs.
13. Hon. C.N.G. Mathema, Minister of Welfare Services for War Veterans, War Collaborators, Former Political Detainees and Restrictees.
14. Hon. C. Mabuwa, Minister of Youth Development, Indigenisation and Economic Employment.
15. Hon. Amb. Maboyi Ncube, Minister of State for Matabeleland South Province.
16. Hon. T.A. Mathuthu, Minister of State for Matabeleland North Province.
17. Hon. W. Shamu, Minister of State for Mashonaland West Province.
18. Hon. Dr. P. Chimedza, Minister of State for Masvingo Province.
All are effect with immediate effect. By Sibusiso Ngwenya