- FORMER, ZANU PF, NATIONAL SECRETARY FOR ADMINISTRATION, Didymus Mutasa (84) bounces back into Zanu-PF
- BULAWAYO MATERDEI HOSPITAL will charge US$ 60 for casualty, US$3000 for a general ward and US$5000 for ICU for Coronavirus.
- WHICH PARTY deserves such a party card for its brainwashed supporters...yep, I thought so,..shhhh!
- 400 ELEPHANTS FOUND DEAD, 800 TUSKS LYING UNGUARDED AND POACHING FEARS, after Hundreds of elephants have mysteriously died over the past two months in Botswana, from a possible disease or toxin in the area in the Okavango Delta by conservationists, with fears more could die from a possible disease or toxin in the area. Botswana has the largest population of elephants in Africa, around one-third of all elephants on the continent.
- OPPOSITION NELSON CHAMISA MDC ALLIANCE 'S Mberengwa North constituency co-ordinating committee secretary, Trinos Chinyoka (46), who had been missing for three days, died on Saturday after falling into an uncovered disused gold mine shaft at night at Chabudapasi Gold Mine near Yorkes business centre but was only found after searching for three days.
THE popular Lion Lager brew is using Cecil to market its beer.
The brand placed adverts in the Zimbabwean press on Thursday saying, “Our pride lives on – A tribute to Cecil the Lion”.
“We’re all sad that Cecil has gone. But his roar still lives on,” said a new TV advert for the lager, which shows a bar patron downing a beer and then roaring loudly.
Lion Lager is made by Delta Corporation, which is listed on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange.
Cecil was killed in an illegal hunt by US dentist Walter Palmer in early July, sparking a wave of global outrage that has left many Zimbabweans bemused and irritated.
Several Zimbabweans on Twitter have argued that the most famous lion in Zimbabwe was not Cecil but Lion Lager.
“The western media needs to get its facts right, #CecilTheLion was not necessarily Zimbabwe’s favourite lion, there’s also Lion Lager,” posted @DelightCChiyaka in a tweet at the end of July.
Meantime Jericho Advertising, a leading Zimbabwe ad agency, is also capitalising on the Cecil furore, this time concentrating on Cecil’s coalition partner who is also called Jericho.
In an image that has been criticised by some, the award-winning agency shows Jericho mounting a female.
State media reported earlier this week that Jericho had “hooked up with a female lioness called Ketty”.
The caption reads, “Jericho is alive and well. It’s good to be on top. #RIP_Cecil”.
The ad has received mixed reactions in Zimbabwe, with @ndiMunyahWacho tweeting, “How can #Jericho be so out of taste?”
But @tchumet said: “Its mo than #great its Epic its been long since I last saw any Ad that shows thinking went into it, Great work #JERICHO.” source-newzimbabwe