- 'Zimbabweans don’t read are ill informed: US sanctions are not for human rights violations but super power interests'-Trevor Ncube (AMH)Alpha Media Holdings boss
- BREAKING NEWS: LAWYER COLTART ARRESTED with protesting Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe leaders
- BREAKING NEWS: LAWYER COLTART ARRESTED with protesting Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe leaders.
- 'A UK-based Zimbabwean woman was found lying in a pool of blood with multiple stab wounds, inflicted allegedly by her husband.'
- High Court has cleared Kasukuwere after ruling that charges filed by prosecutors did not disclose an offence.
STATE broadcaster, the Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation on Saturday reportedly fired almost the entire management team, news readers, journalists and all internal security personnel.
The engineering department was also reported to have been cleaned up in the job carnage.
Other reports however said only between 50 and 100 workers had been fired and that letters of dismissal were still being dished out late last night.
Some of the fired employees who requested anonymity told The Standard last night that they expected to be called back for re-engagement on new temporary contracts.Among those reportedly fired yesterday included a top news manager Chris Chivinge, news readers Sonangani Ncube and
Elizabeth Chengeta, Power FM DJ Tinashe Chiname, producer Dorothy Chidzawo, engineer David Chinyamunyamu and an administration staffer Emma Shamuyarira.
Like several other media organisations and companies, ZBC last week reportedly sent home about 400 workers on three months’ notice.
ZBC spokesperson Gladman Bandama could not be reached for comment last night as his phone was not reachable.