- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT STRIPS PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA OF POWERS to appoint and remove the Vice Presidents after it delivered a landmark ruling wherein it declared as unconstitutional the legality of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.1) Act
- CORONAVIRUS: Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital nurses recently fled after 2 suspected Covid-19 cases in fear of infection due to lack of protective clothing.
- 'CORONAVIRUS UK: UK COULD BE COMPENSATED AS MUCH AS £351billion by China after more than one million people globally, has cost the G7 group of nations including the UK, US and Japan a huge £3.2 trillion'
- 46 AFRICAN STATES HAVE REPORTED 9 198 positive cases and 414 deaths, besides SA and Egypt all reported over 100 cases
- EBOLA , (BSE)/mad cow disease, now Corona Virus from Covid affecting the whole globe-source meat..hmn-
STATE broadcaster, the Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation on Saturday reportedly fired almost the entire management team, news readers, journalists and all internal security personnel.
The engineering department was also reported to have been cleaned up in the job carnage.
Other reports however said only between 50 and 100 workers had been fired and that letters of dismissal were still being dished out late last night.
Some of the fired employees who requested anonymity told The Standard last night that they expected to be called back for re-engagement on new temporary contracts.Among those reportedly fired yesterday included a top news manager Chris Chivinge, news readers Sonangani Ncube and
Elizabeth Chengeta, Power FM DJ Tinashe Chiname, producer Dorothy Chidzawo, engineer David Chinyamunyamu and an administration staffer Emma Shamuyarira.
Like several other media organisations and companies, ZBC last week reportedly sent home about 400 workers on three months’ notice.
ZBC spokesperson Gladman Bandama could not be reached for comment last night as his phone was not reachable.