- 'CHAMISA IS STAGE MANAGING , TO DRAW SYMPATHY FROM OTHER OPPOSITION POLITICIANS , who were now allegedly withdrawing from the MDC alliance and going back to their original parties'-Emmerson Mnangagwa
- CHAMISA'S COURT CHALLENGE AGAINST MNANGAGWA election victory will be heard on the 22nd of August 2018 at 10:00am.
- US SINGER 'QUEEN OF SOUL' ARETHA FRANKLIN (76) HAS DIED AFTER BATTLING CANCER The US singer, whose career spanned seven decades, passed away at her home in Detroit, Michigan, on Thursday, surrounded by her family.
- EMMERSON MNANGAGWA'S SECURITY HAS BEEN BEEFED UP, at all public functions, and all dignitaries, including his Zimbabwe government Cabinet ministers, have to be frisked by his Mnangwa's aides before they take seats near him.
- BREAKING NEWS: ZANU PF TO USE ITS MAJORITY IN PARLIAMENT TO MAKE NUMEROUS CONSTITUTIONAL CHANGES, including raising the minimum age for presidential aspirants from the current 40 year to 55, effectively making Chamisa (40) only eligible for Zimbabwe's presidential office in 2033.
According to insiders, Mugabe took the drastic action last week soon after his return from Singapore where he spent over two weeks seeking medical treatment.
The long-time Zanu-PF leader, who was ousted through a coup in November last year, is said to be now considering recruiting his own security details.
During Mugabe’s absence, the government allegedly withdrew three of the former president’s security details without his knowledge.
The 94-year-old politician was reportedly infuriated by the move and ordered the remaining six aides to stop reporting for duty.
“Three aides were withdrawn on June 23,” a source said. “No explanation was given to Mugabe, who was told by the other aides that the three had been withdrawn by government.”
The dumped workers included a receptionist and members of the kitchen staff.
Mugabe is said to have complained that the security details spent most of their time at State House where they would have been summoned by their bosses.
“Mugabe has dumped the workers. He found three withdrawn when he was away and he dismissed the remaining six,” the source said.
The sources said Mugabe was not happy that his workers were regularly quizzed about visitors to his Harare mansion.
Mnangagwa’s spokesperson George Charamba refused to comment on the decision to withdraw three of Mugabe’s security details.
“I don’t know anything about that,” he said. “It is a security issue and I am not part of the construct.”
Information minister Simon Khaya Moyo was not reachable for comment yesterday. Source – the standard