- ZANU PF has a huge advantage , with huge billboards and banners of Mnangagwa on buildings, across the country, imported hundreds of new vehicles, a US$200 million war chest along with receiving US$6m from Zimbabwe's treasury
- 'IF ZIMBABWE'S OPPOSITION FEEL ELECTORAL PROCESSES ARE BEING VIOLATED, THEY SHOULD SEEK LEGAL JUSTICE, NOT MAKE UNREASONABLE DEMANDS'- chairperson of The Elders, Kofi Annan
- SHOCKING: CHAMISA SITS IDLY, AS HIS SECURITY ASSAULT AN MDC ALLIANCE CANDIDATE (76) SPRAY CHEMICAL INTO HIS EYES, THROW AWAY HIS KEYS AND LEAVE HIM HELPLESSLY WRITHING IN PAIN ALONE IN THE BUSH:
- FORMER ENERGY MINISTER, SAMUEL UNDENGE has been jailed four years’ imprisonment, for abuse of public office.
According to insiders, Mugabe took the drastic action last week soon after his return from Singapore where he spent over two weeks seeking medical treatment.
The long-time Zanu-PF leader, who was ousted through a coup in November last year, is said to be now considering recruiting his own security details.
During Mugabe’s absence, the government allegedly withdrew three of the former president’s security details without his knowledge.
The 94-year-old politician was reportedly infuriated by the move and ordered the remaining six aides to stop reporting for duty.
“Three aides were withdrawn on June 23,” a source said. “No explanation was given to Mugabe, who was told by the other aides that the three had been withdrawn by government.”
The dumped workers included a receptionist and members of the kitchen staff.
Mugabe is said to have complained that the security details spent most of their time at State House where they would have been summoned by their bosses.
“Mugabe has dumped the workers. He found three withdrawn when he was away and he dismissed the remaining six,” the source said.
The sources said Mugabe was not happy that his workers were regularly quizzed about visitors to his Harare mansion.
Mnangagwa’s spokesperson George Charamba refused to comment on the decision to withdraw three of Mugabe’s security details.
“I don’t know anything about that,” he said. “It is a security issue and I am not part of the construct.”
Information minister Simon Khaya Moyo was not reachable for comment yesterday. Source – the standard