- ZINARA lays off 250 employees, while another 96 terminations are currently being processed according to Zinara board chair, Michael Madana
- 2 Student nurses in a unit for the mentally infirm, jailed for stoning and filming distressed patients on their mobiles
- GOVERNMENT DISMISSES EX-VP MPHOKO'S US$300 000 in pension benefits claim as the Public Service Commission (PSC) says Mphoko will only be paid his pension in local currency ZWL$ and should not expect any other benefits.
- MARRY CHIWENGA SPILLS THE BEANS: VICE PRESIDENT CHIWENGA'S ESTRANGED WIFE , Marry, jells court that the retired army general harbours an ambition to take over the presidency and Chiwenga registered all assets in his relatives’ names in an effort to avoid sanctions that were imposed on him by the United States government.
- TWO TONNES- 92 BAGS/ 2 tonnes of mbanje/ cannabis/ wacky tobacco/ weed found at Forbes Border Post in a truck from Malawi, driver fled
An Independent candidate in the Norton by-election Temba Mliswa has reportedly beaten the Zanu PF candidate Ronald Chindeza with over 2700 votes.
The ruling party candidate got 6192 votes and Mliswa got 8927.
The Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC) is still to confirm these results but sources confirm that Mliswa has done enough to be the new MP for Norton, a seat that was previously held by Chris Mutsvangwa, who was expelled from Zanu PF.
Last week Saturday the opposition Movement for Democratic Change (MDC-T) who are boycotting all elections demanding electoral reforms, urged their supporters to vote for Mliswa in the by-election and even mobilised supporters to attend his rallies.
At one key rally, MDC Vice President Nelson Chamisa told Nehanda Radio that they had “mobilised thousands of their supporters to go and support Mliswa”, but riot police with the help of Zanu PF youths came and violently disrupted the rally at Norton Ngoni Stadium.
“Receiving so many calls from Zanu PF guys celebrating Mliswa victory….ummm something not right in Zanu PF….bhora musango is back.” Elias Mambo (Journalist)
“Themba Mliswa an independent has beaten ZanuPF in a by election at their stronghold Norton. Beginning of the end for the revolutionary party.” Ezra Sibanda (Broadcaster)
“Temba Mliswa has shown Zanu pf that you cant fool people with stands.” Gift Makuyana
“Have just called Themba Mliswa and he has confirmed dealing “a blow to G40” Elias Mambo (Journalist)
More details as they come………….
Official results announced by ZEC