- NATIONAL CHAIRMAN: MORGAN KOMICHI announces removal of Chamisa as President and that all suspensions and dismissals of any party member by the current leadership between February 2018 and today are null and void.
- POLICE BESEIGED MDC HQ in Harare and barred officials from accessing the offices pending a Supreme court judgment to determine the rightful President of the party.
- BREAKING NEWS: SUPREME COURT RULES MDC Chamisa is not the legitimate President of the party and that Thokozani Khupe is the party's interim president
- Long-serving Zimpapers Masvingo Correspondent Walter Mswazie ,45 died from kidney failure at Makurira Memorial Clinic today.
- TENS OF THOUSANDS OF BRITONS stranded abroad by the coronavirus will be flown home under a new arrangement between the government and airlines.
An Independent candidate in the Norton by-election Temba Mliswa has reportedly beaten the Zanu PF candidate Ronald Chindeza with over 2700 votes.
The ruling party candidate got 6192 votes and Mliswa got 8927.
The Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC) is still to confirm these results but sources confirm that Mliswa has done enough to be the new MP for Norton, a seat that was previously held by Chris Mutsvangwa, who was expelled from Zanu PF.
Last week Saturday the opposition Movement for Democratic Change (MDC-T) who are boycotting all elections demanding electoral reforms, urged their supporters to vote for Mliswa in the by-election and even mobilised supporters to attend his rallies.
At one key rally, MDC Vice President Nelson Chamisa told Nehanda Radio that they had “mobilised thousands of their supporters to go and support Mliswa”, but riot police with the help of Zanu PF youths came and violently disrupted the rally at Norton Ngoni Stadium.
“Receiving so many calls from Zanu PF guys celebrating Mliswa victory….ummm something not right in Zanu PF….bhora musango is back.” Elias Mambo (Journalist)
“Themba Mliswa an independent has beaten ZanuPF in a by election at their stronghold Norton. Beginning of the end for the revolutionary party.” Ezra Sibanda (Broadcaster)
“Temba Mliswa has shown Zanu pf that you cant fool people with stands.” Gift Makuyana
“Have just called Themba Mliswa and he has confirmed dealing “a blow to G40” Elias Mambo (Journalist)
More details as they come………….
Official results announced by ZEC