- POLITICS IS A DIRTY GAME: HERO TO ZERO IN 37 YEARS: Independence 18 April 1980- Coup on 14 November 2017
- SUSPENDED (ZINARA CEO Engineer Nancy Masiyiwa-Chamisa and finance director Taranhike fired, for alleged gross incompetence and abuse of office.
- (RBZ) orders banks to freeze all accounts belonging to, Kudakwashe Tagwirei a.k.a 'Queen Bee's Sakunda Holdings, Sakunda Holdings sister companies; Access Finance, Spartan Security and Croco Motors,
- SHEFFIELD CLIMATE CHANGE PROTEST: brought city to a standstill as children lobby the government and people over the destruction of the climate,
- UNIVERSITY OF ZIMBABWE 2019 class of graduating medical students to boycott their graduation due to be capped by President Mnangagwa.
It has emerged that the 14-year-old boy who murdered a 41-year-old housemaid, Nyarai Kadonzva in Gweru on Sunday, later used a knife to gouge out her eyes and had planned to cut the body into pieces before dumping it.
The juvenile has been discharged from hospital where he was treated after drinking a toilet detergent in a suicide attempt and is now assisting police with investigations.
The ZBC News caught up with the team of investigators who had gone with the juvenile for indications at the crime scene.
Narrating to the police, the boy said he struck Kadonzva several times on the head using a mattock and went on to use a kitchen knife to gouge out her eyes.
He then took all the clothes of the deceased including identification particulars and threw them into a sewer stream that flows on the outskirts of Mkoba 20.
He also revealed that he had planned to cut the body into little pieces to make it easy to dump the remains, but when he came back to take the body, he fell asleep until the neighbours woke him up.
The grandmother to the boy, Gogo Tachiona, is not only devastated but confused with what her grandson did, and what she prays for is forgiveness from the deceased’s relatives.
Neighbours told the ZBC News that they have known the accused as a very quiet boy who never had friends and at times had tendencies of being naughty.
The ZBC News also caught up with relatives of the deceased at a local funeral parlour where they were waiting to take the body to Zvimba for burial.
The relatives are still devastated and are struggling to come to terms with Nyarai’s gruesome death at the hands of a juvenile.
According to a post mortem report, Nyarai died of brain damage and multiple skull fractures.
She will be buried at her rural home in Zvimba on Friday.