- NATIONAL EMERGENCY AS CHINA SENDS 'BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS', basically an army of at least 100,000 ducks 4,827 kilometres (nearly 3,000 miles) from the eastern province of Zhejiang to Pakistan, which shares a border with the Xinjiang province. to fight locust infestation that poses a threat to regional food security.
- MALAWI PARLIAMENT ENDORSES the Cannabis Regulation Bill which allows for the farming of the three leaf herb for medicinal purposes.
- A POTENTIALLY HABITABLE EXOPLANET, K2-18b , MORE THAN DOUBLE THE size of Earth, which 'could be habitable' has just been identified.
- 'MDC-Alliance terror activist arrested in UK over a December 2019 video encouraging people to burn down service stations and businesses in Harare that he released.'
- 'NANDOS with 20,000 staff and 400 outlets in Britain allegedly use the same mops in toilets and kitchens and handle chicken without gloves '.
It has emerged that the 14-year-old boy who murdered a 41-year-old housemaid, Nyarai Kadonzva in Gweru on Sunday, later used a knife to gouge out her eyes and had planned to cut the body into pieces before dumping it.
The juvenile has been discharged from hospital where he was treated after drinking a toilet detergent in a suicide attempt and is now assisting police with investigations.
The ZBC News caught up with the team of investigators who had gone with the juvenile for indications at the crime scene.
Narrating to the police, the boy said he struck Kadonzva several times on the head using a mattock and went on to use a kitchen knife to gouge out her eyes.
He then took all the clothes of the deceased including identification particulars and threw them into a sewer stream that flows on the outskirts of Mkoba 20.
He also revealed that he had planned to cut the body into little pieces to make it easy to dump the remains, but when he came back to take the body, he fell asleep until the neighbours woke him up.
The grandmother to the boy, Gogo Tachiona, is not only devastated but confused with what her grandson did, and what she prays for is forgiveness from the deceased’s relatives.
Neighbours told the ZBC News that they have known the accused as a very quiet boy who never had friends and at times had tendencies of being naughty.
The ZBC News also caught up with relatives of the deceased at a local funeral parlour where they were waiting to take the body to Zvimba for burial.
The relatives are still devastated and are struggling to come to terms with Nyarai’s gruesome death at the hands of a juvenile.
According to a post mortem report, Nyarai died of brain damage and multiple skull fractures.
She will be buried at her rural home in Zvimba on Friday.