- CIRCUS: NELSON CHAMISA SAYS HE HAS THE SOLUTIONS TO ZIMBABWE'S ECONOMIC CRISIS and has demanded that the government reverses and refunds Zimbabweans all the money they lost to government through the new tax regime, which deducts two cents on every dollar for electronic transactions.
- DEPOSED EX PRESIDENT MUGABE'S SON IN LAW Simbarashe Chikore (41) has appeared before Harare Provincial Magistrate Elisha Singano on allegations of kidnapping after handing himself in to himself to the police accompanied by his lawyer Jonathan Samukange.
- NORTON MP, Mnangagwa and Mutasa's nephew Temba Mliswa says President Emmerson Mnangagwa must take back the finance ministry from Finance minister Mthuli Ncube as the former Finance Minister Patrick Chinamasa was far much better.
- FINANCE and Economic Development Minister Professor Mthuli Ncube has dumped Acie Mutumanje Lumumba, as chairman of the Communications Taskforce in the ministry, three days after his appointment.
- FOUR RESERVE BANK OF ZIMBABWE (RBZ) DIRECTORS SUSPENDED after allegations of crimes ranging from off-the-books bond notes to corrupt allocation of foreign currency and running a foreign currency cartel.
BULAWAYO: A syndicate of a Professional hunter and two accomplices was arrested in possession of 23 elephant tusks weighing 117kgs.
A Bhejane Trust in collaboration with the Zimbabwe national Parks and Wildlife Management have arrested a syndicate in possession of 23 elephant and tusks weighing 117kgs.
The Bhejane Trust reported that in a bust in Bulawayo, initiated by the Bhejane Trust/National Parks Rescue partnership and working with the ZRP and Parks, a Professional hunter and two accomplices were arrested in possession of 23 tusks, weighing 117kg.
“The tusks apparently have false Zimbabwean numbers stamped on them. Investigations are continuing to establish the source of the ivory,” said the trust. Source – Byo24News